No FVF for 10 sales on eBay.com Oct 4-12 Non-store sellers

A promo exists on eBay.com that I can activate on this non-store id registered on eBay.ca. Some sellers may want to try and activate it. For non-store sellers only. You have to list on eBay.com. Only some eBay categories allowed.

This is a FVF promo so the counter will not go up as you list items. It will only go up when a sale is made. You must list during the promo period to make listing qualify. I believe the sales can be made after the promotion during the listing duration of the qualifying listings.

Post back if it activates for you if you are an eBay.ca non-store seller. Just curious because most promos on eBay.com USA do not apply to sellers registered outside of the USA.

Please read the promo and correct me if I am wrong in my understanding of the promo.

I am not actively selling so I cannot tell if the promo works.

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2017/1004/nycc.html

Here are some portions of the promo copied here.

Sellers (“Sellers”) who activate the offer and then list up to 10 Qualifying Item(s)* in the fixed price or auction-style format during the Promotion Period, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, will pay no final value fees for the first 10 Qualifying items sold.

*Qualifying Items are limited to select categories as follows:

1. Art ( 550 )
  2. Collectibles ( 1 )
  3. Entertainment Memorabilia ( 45100 )
  4. Pottery & Glass ( 870 )
  5. Comics (63)

Summary of Restrictions & Exclusions

• This Promotion is only valid for listings on the US site at www.ebay.com.
  • Promotion is available to Non-Store sellers only.
  • Fees for optional features (such as reserve price, subtitle, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) and any applicable PayPal fees will still apply. Please note: Not all features are available in all listing flows.
  • The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period.
  • All listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.

PS There were issues with this promo not showing up once activated but it is now fixed. See this topic on eBay.com in case you have issues seeing it in your promos lists on eBay.com. It shows up on my eBay.com USA promos list but does not show up on eBay.ca promos list for me which is showing properly since it is an eBay.com USA promo.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Did-you-get-the-quot-10-item-certain-categories-no-FVF-quot/m-...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No FVF for 10 sales on eBay.com Oct 4-12 Non-store sellers

Although I am not actively selling on eBay right now...taking a break from all those fabulous low/few sales over the past 4 months to rethink what I will list for the holiday season... but just to test out that link for the 10 free listing promo...it did work for me, but those 10 free listings will simply expire, as I won't be using them...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

mcrlmn
Community Member

Am I mistaken in my view that .com has a much higher number and frequency of promos?

Having a store I'm fine, but frequenting the forum, I can't help but notice how often a heads up for a .com promo is posted; relative to .ca.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Although I am not actively selling on eBay right now...taking a break from all those fabulous low/few sales over the past 4 months to rethink what I will list for the holiday season... but just to test out that link for the 10 free listing promo...it did work for me, but those 10 free listings will simply expire, as I won't be using them...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The "nycc" in the promo URL, plus the specific categories involved, lead me to believe that eBay is appealing to the folks who went to New York Comic-Con (which ran from Oct. 4-7) and want to sell some of the goodies they got at the event (hence the focus on collectibles, comics, and other memorabilia-related categories).

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

There's also a promo on .ca It was on my selling dashboard. It doesn't mention 10 sales though... but I just accepted the offer. There's no link to the "terms". Will have to search for that later today. And I have a store.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Does not work for me on .com 😞

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

Does not work for me on .com 😞

Promo is for non-store sellers only. I assume you tried with this eBay id you posted with which is a store.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply