No longer qualify, but still top rated?

It's nice to have something positive to say about Ebay.  Even though my total sales in the US have dipped below the 100 per year minimum threshhold to qualify for the 10% Top Rated discounted, i am still getting it.  Does anyone know why?  BTW my total global sales are also below 100, so that's not the reason i'm still getting the discount.

Whatever the reason, i appreciate it Ebay.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You are obviously special. 🙂

Did you recently  lose trs status or has it been a while?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

well i stopped qualifying a couple of months ago, but i know there's a one month lag ie the December evaluation doesn't kick in until January.  But i have now had 2 months in a row of not qualifying but still have my discount.  I fully expected to lose it as of today.

And last months evaluation said i would be 'above standard' in January, but i just has my evaluation today and i am still top rated.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I think I remember reading something about a grace period to revive top rated if you dip below and have been top rated for a certain period of time. I don't remember how long it was for.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

well i stopped qualifying a couple of months ago, but i know there's a one month lag ie the December evaluation doesn't kick in until January.  But i have now had 2 months in a row of not qualifying but still have my discount.  I fully expected to lose it as of today.

And last months evaluation said i would be 'above standard' in January, but i just has my evaluation today and i am still top rated.

@fergua3 

I'm not entirely sure of the reasoning but the last time I qualified/didn't qualify the review period was the 16th....i believe there was a 1 month extention then the FVF credit stopped the next month affective the 16th(You've qualified message). Things kicked in or kicked out on the 17th. Since losing and just getting back I was advised by CS that now even though the review is the 20th  +- the promotion doesn't begin until the first of the proceeding month. Started seeing the credits again when the new month started. I really couldn't find it documented anywhere. it's all a little bit baffling.

-Lotz

@flipistics 

The grace period could have been 2 months. So long ago it's all a bit fuzzy.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

At one time there was a grace period as @flipistics mentioned.  I think it was 60 or 90 days. That must still be in effect.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

yeah i vaguely remember hearing about that too.  That must be what's going on.  Well, decent of ebay to do that.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

A good news. Here what I see now in GLOBAL: 

Image3.jpg

Only 92 items sold globally (note, that Germany, Austria, Switzerland, UK, Ireland) are NOT counted as global. Only weird countries count + Canada (I list only on US site). I hope some Canadians buy something from me within the next 30 days .... 😁 

BTW, I hold my PS / TRS badge since 255 months. It will be the first time I loose it .... 😪

Are you sure about 60-90 days delay? I suppose it's still one month only. 

BTW

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

i just saw a little note on my seller dashboard, under a red exclamation sign.  It said i am in a grace period until March 20, in order to get my qualifications back on track.  So that explains why i still get discount.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Nothing like that in my dashboard - checked on both US and CA. Maybe it appears later, after loosing the status? 

Image2.jpg

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

yes you'll probably see it next month

Message 11 of 11
latest reply