Not worth selling on Ebay any more with this new Payment Management

33nhl
Community Member

I have written a few times about Ebay flaws and considering CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT 

I had mentioned before being top rated seller and it stated on the Canada site but also on other sites

That meeting the requirements you get  final shipping fees charged to your Domestic value even if you were to mail to the USA or Europe although the ssyatem would calculate the SFVF on single item it would not do it correctly on multiple purchases.

Ebay reps have been fully aware of this and issue has been going on for years and nothing was ever said or corrected thus Ebay has collected Millions from qualified Top Rated Sellers that shoudl have not happend.

Now with this stupid Management Payment surprise surprise once again but now even on a single item purchased and sent to USA or Europe the system does not calculate on that benefit instead its making total purchase and what ever the shipping is paid and charges fee based on that rahter then what it has on the site as benefit to being Top Rated Seller

I also found out the hard way by today selling and item and will post details of the transaction below was sold to UK  thus now there is a 1% addes fee to the total amount including on the TAX AMOUNT that the buyer paid so from the grand total Ebay takes  2.25 plus tax on top 

If any sold item goes to the USA there is a 0.4% fee added

If we have not been getting the short end of the stick we certainly will be now under this new management system.

Here is the transaction below and now paying about $9.50 more for in fees compare to the old way where Ebay and PayPal were seperate.

QTY    SOLD FOR       TOTAL
   1        C $168.00     C $168.00

Item subtotalC $168.00
ShippingC $30.00
VAT (eBay collected)C $39.60
DiscountC $0.00
Total**C $237.60

International Fee
Charged because the delivery address is in
United Kingdom Final amount: C $224.60   

2018-19 UD THE CUP ALEX DeBRINCAT EXQUISITE ENDORSEMENTS RELICS PATCH AUTO 36/50
C $168.00 . QTY 1

Charged because the delivery address is in United Kingdom Final amount: C $224.60
                                 FEE AMOUNT    TAX    TOTAL FEE
International Fee -C $2.25 -C $0.29 -C $2.54   1% extra fee on top the 10% we use to pay

Final Value Fee
Per order fixed amount -C $0.30 -C $0.04 -C $0.34

Final Value Fee
Variable percentage -C $24.96 -C $3.25 -C $28.21

You saved C $2.77 by Top Rated Plus discount
Subtotal: -C $31.09 Total fees: -C $31.09

Now only option is next listings pass these stupid fees on to buyers with in the listings or dont sell on Ebay

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

33nhl
Community Member

As if they are not already taking fair share in fees

New International fee for Canada sellers

If your registered address is in Canada, we charge an international fee of 0.4% to the US and 1% to all other countries if either:

The delivery address for the item (entered by the buyer during checkout) is outside Canada,
or
The buyer's registered address is outside Canada (regardless of the delivery address for the item)

This fee is automatically deducted and is calculated based on the total amount of the sale.

If your registered address is in the US, we charge an International fee if either:

The delivery address for the item (entered by the buyer during checkout) is outside the US, 
or
The buyer's registered address is outside the US (regardless of the delivery address for the item)
This fee is calculated as 1.65% of the total amount of the sale
and is automatically deducted from your sales.

If your registered address is not in the USA

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@33nhl wrote:

New International fee for Canada sellers

If your registered address is in Canada, we charge an international fee of 0.4% to the US and 1% to all other countries if either:

This is not new AT ALL, PayPal has a similar added charge for sales to buyers outside Canada. The only difference is that eBay actually shows the charge as a seperate line item AND most important eBay's International fee is LOWER than PayPal.

Surprised you don't already know this given PayPal has charged the International fee since 2002!

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees#additional-percentage-basedfee

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

As recped mentioned PP also charged extra for international transactions.  2,9% when the buyer was Canadian, 3.7% when buyer was in the US and 3.9% for all other buyers.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply