Nsf fees and lost paycheque and payouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so I was selling on ebay basically all was fine. They owed me several payouts, my bank information was not correct so nothing went through. Later that month I ended up in the hospital and couldn't ship items I was paid for and ebay had the funds on hold ( never went to my account and was held by them the whole time). Eventually once I recovered and logged back in to find my account suspended ( understandable). Now here is the craziest part , I spoke to customer service in regards to the account they said that I am suspended and can't overturn the decision , so I said ok and asked about the payouts owed to me ? They asked me to update my bank info and told me I am owed 1952$ which will be deposited to my bank once updated , so I obviously went ahead and did that to get my money. Just to mention certain items I couldn't ship while in hospital that buyer paid for but ebay was holding regardless. Once I updated the bank information, all of the sudden they took 1952$ out of my account instead of paying me and not to mention they never refunded the buyers for the items I never shipped and those were other payments not in relation to the 1952$ . Now I was minus 1952 $ , lost my paycheque and got an NSF fee , after spending time on chat because they said now that I am suspended I cant speak to customer service via telephone they basically retracted the 1952 debit, I was still left with the NSF fee and no payout either ( they stayed since I'm suspended it takes 60-72 days from suspension ??? That's 3 months to get my funds for things I sold and tracking and packaging ). Anyways after the retracted the 1952 I am now in the minus , now telling me it'll all be solved within 30 days and all funds will be returned to normal state . I was already so **bleep** and said fine ill wait. Now leading up to October 13th the 30 days as they said. They started taking out funds for single orders and that alone resulted to another 9 NSF fees , so now I have 10 nsf fees , my bank won't return them, ebay had no reason nor right to deduct money I never ever owed them. Since fees are paid right away and them the items I never ever shipped and sold should've been refunded by them directly since the money was on hold and was never in my account to begin with. Ending this story now, my bank account is -242.50 , and I had 380$ cash in there before all this happened. Now they still owe me funds for my payout from 3 month ago and ebay refuses to speak to me via phone and gives me runaround on chat and drops the convo , they simply ignore what I am telling them and fail to help and understand. I need my bank account returned to normal and my money from my paycheque to be returned as well. Basically they took random money out from my account even though they had them on hold on their website and none of that money went into my bank ever period hence it wasn't correct until I updated it after speaking to them then all these withdraws screwed my whole life up and now I can't speak to noone and get a resolution . I am extremely **bleep** off and need some sort of help, I am lost and not sure what to do. Also now since I am in minus 242.50 for their stupidity and mistakes , when my payout does come through basically ill loose 622.50 because of what ? 368$ cash +242.50 in minus now from all the nsf fees? Please someone help, or do I need to sue them? Thank you so much
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

EBay was Holding $1952 from sales, because they did not have up to date bank information.

• Are you a relatively new or an occasional seller?

Because you were unable to ship your paid items, your account was suspended.

• There was a lively discussion recently about having backup plans.But this is not the time or place for that.

You updated your information, and eBay took $1952 FROM your bank account instead of putting it in.

• Yikes!!

Your buyers were not refunded for the unshipped items.

• Yikes!
  • The buyers may have to open Disputes for this. Depending on timing, they may not yet have realized that their purchase is not on its way.

However the $1952 was refunded although you also were charged an  overdraft fee by your bank.

• This is one thing that you will probably have to deal with your bank about. You may be able to negotiate a courtesy refund/payment from eBay. Don't hold your breath.

So at this point, your buyers don't have their paid for items and their payments are once again being Held by eBay.

• You should be able to manually refund them from the Held funds. Have you tried that?
  • You could ship the purchases with tracking and show the Confirmation of Delivery.
  • One reason eBay may be Holding your funds, is because you have not shipped.

You are still restricted from adding new listings, but apparently you have listings which are selling.

They started taking out funds for single orders and that alone resulted to another 9 NSF fees ,

• Umm.
  • I really don't understand what is happening here.
  • You sell an item. You get paid. You use the payment to buy a shipping label.
  • What are "they" (eBay? your bank?) taking money from and for what?
  • Are you talking about eBay and Managed Payment fees? Because those would come from the Held funds, as would shipping labels, and would be less than the amounts your customers have paid.

At this point, I would strongly advise you to end all your listings. They will go into Unsold Items for a couple of months.

But if you don't sell, you won't have more fees.

I would also note that many sellers chose to set up a new bank account for Managed Payments. And opened that account  at a bank where they had no other accounts.

In hindsight, this might have prevented some of the problems.

Since you can't phone Customer Service (who are sub-contracte and have very little authority) that you switch to the Chat (written/email) service or to the FaceBook one.

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

These seem to be run by eBay employess with better training and some authorithy.

You also have a written record of what was said, not what you think was said. This can help pinpoint misunderstandings.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply, yes they literally started going into my bank and instead of giving customers their funds back and taking out single amounts of let's day 157.35, then 25.99 , then 203.45 and etc , I just want to reach an actual rep I may speak with to resolve this. When they started taking all these little random amounts it resulted in a bunch of nsf fees and now my bank said there is nothing they can do and to close the account and open a new one but if I close it I'll still not get my payouts which they said I'll get in 60-72 days from suspension and on tip of that as stated in previous message I had 380 cash in my account and definitely need to get that back from ebay as I am now minus 242.50. Is there a phone number you can direct me to by chance ? Thank you so much, super frustrating and stressful.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'd ignore the phone reps. They are subcontractors and don't have much authority

Try FaceBook.

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much , will give it a shot today!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Have you signed into your account and looked at your financial details?

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/fin/transactions

For stuff older than 90 days you will have to download detailed Reports and Statements.

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/fin/report

-l-

Message 6 of 6
latest reply