OMG my most popular item is a special lot for a specific person!!!

Things that make you shake your head some days.

For fun I just checked the views on a "special lot for XXXX" lot I created for a customer a couple hours ago.

13 views, and I only created it a couple hours ago!!!!!

This is more views than anything else I've started since yesterday.......

Good thing I put the 

"If you're not XXXXX, check out all the 1,000s of other items in my store, there's something for everyone there:" and a link to the store....no sales yet tho.... 😞

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Wow it is at 32 views this morning, not even 24 hours running yet.

That is over 2x my most viewed "real" item.....that has been up for days.....

Not a single sale during the entire time this item has been running though, so it isn't pulling people in who are buying other stuff so far either...... 😞
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

It’s a very strange phenomena.
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I closed it a few minutes ago, 47 views....by far my most popular item the last couple days.....
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I suspect words like "special lot" or "custom" may be what is attracting attention, perhaps even via other search engines besides eBay's.  I too occasionally list custom items (made to order on commission), and they tend to attract a lot of hits, but unfortunately they've never boosted sales of other items as far as I could tell.  

When we had Omniture (the stats feature, which I absolutely loved), it was a lot easier to track this stuff more accurately.  You could see precisely which search engines and key words were driving traffic to your store.  Remember when eBay said they'd be replacing it with something better?  Hah, never happened. 

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

I did a comic books special lot for the Aussie buyer I mentioned in another thread (who just messaged me again and said would pay soon... I’m okay with waiting 7 days so I’m still chilling and didn’t actually pack yet lol) and that lot generated 18 views in about 22 hours (the buyer then bid and I sold it to her)... which is quite a bit of views for less than a day.

no associated sales though, probably because I don’t have similar books for sale at the moment...

Message 25 of 25
latest reply