Odds of Payment?

Hey Folks! Hope everyone out there is doing well.

I got a buyer over the weekend who has been with ebay for almost 20 years and has 1000 or more feedback. All good reviews.

We worked out a deal over the weekend of a combined card Lot and the buyer while coming off a bit busy ultimately agreed to pay Monday or Tuesday. They said they were heading out of town for meeting and would also be waiting for funds to clear in PayPal etc. I noticed they recently got 1 bad review that says they didn't pay (although I presume it has to do with the seller not communicating with said buyer and losing patience)

I had communication with buyer and shared item photos of packaging etc. Do you think I should be concerned that they won't pay or is this pretty likely to be completed tonight or latest next morning?

Thanks for any input 🙏

Jake LS@thego2corner 🇨🇦 👍
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Odds of Payment?

I wouldn't get concerned yet, they said Monday or Tuesday and it's only Monday. Times are a little tougher lately, everything has gone up and even those usually quick to pay may need a little longer these days.

Hard as it is to do, just wait until tomorrow end of day, if he still hasn't paid (and the "Monday or Tuesday" has passed, then you could politely ask him again. I've had more people need a little more time to pay and I'd say at least 95% (maybe 98) do pay on time. When you say you shared photos of packaging I hope you haven't already sent it out (or paid the postage!?) I hope it works out for you, I always like to think there are more good people than bad out there!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Odds of Payment?

I wouldn't get concerned yet, they said Monday or Tuesday and it's only Monday. Times are a little tougher lately, everything has gone up and even those usually quick to pay may need a little longer these days.

Hard as it is to do, just wait until tomorrow end of day, if he still hasn't paid (and the "Monday or Tuesday" has passed, then you could politely ask him again. I've had more people need a little more time to pay and I'd say at least 95% (maybe 98) do pay on time. When you say you shared photos of packaging I hope you haven't already sent it out (or paid the postage!?) I hope it works out for you, I always like to think there are more good people than bad out there!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Odds of Payment?

I noticed they recently got 1 bad review that says they didn't pay (although I presume it has to do with the seller not communicating with said buyer and losing patience)

That seller was incompetent.

Sellers are not allowed to leave negative feedback.

By not following protocols, they will likely have the FB removed by the experienced buyer, and get  a Defect which can lead to higher fees, restrictions on the number and value of listings, or even closed selling accounts.

Any buyer has  96 hours to pay. More if the seller allows and does not have the automatic Cancellation of Unpaid Items enabled.

Talk to us on Wednesday morning.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Odds of Payment?

You rock. Yes the buyer came through that Tuesday. Most buyers really do come through eh 😄

All the best,

Jake
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Odds of Payment?

You nailed it. I think the seller just lost patience. The buyer came through that Tuesday!

Thanks for your reply 😀

Best,
Jake
Message 5 of 5
latest reply