Paying your eBay Fees

Has anyone recently enrolled in MP tried to pay old fees using their PayPal account? Just attempted to do so and was given 3 choices. Paypal, Chequing Account, Debit or Credit Card. After clicking on PayPal system sent me to Paypal which in turn sent me back to eBay without receiving any sort of confirmation. eBay then 'wanted' to send me back to PayPal. In checking PayPal no payment was removed. Settings in eBay still show PayPal and Banking as options.  Anyone else seeing having similar problems? Shippo fees for postage remove immediately and are documented accordingly. (Created from the sellers hub...Not using the MP tools)

Thanks,

-Lotz

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Paying your eBay Fees

Paypal saying most likely a browser issue.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Paying your eBay Fees

no, but I'm confused why the automatic debit on my paypal account hasnt taken the money yet, as I dont start MP until next week.  Its highly unusual as these guys are more regular than my bank in drawing my mortgage payments, and often times are a day early in grabbing them.  If I was less tied to this as a source of income it would be the perfect time for a "sayonara" hahaha

Its not a browser issue....thats just some clueless CSR who either has no idea what they are talking about or has been told to say that.  This is a buried deep in site code API issue that is likely the direct result of the sites decision to cut ties with paypal.  Seems to me Ebay may very well have unintentionally handicapped itself in their ability to withdraw fees in the process of implementing MP and are probably scrambling to implement a temporary patch to fix it. 

Makes me wonder what other fun stuff the law of unintended consequences has in store for us all as this grand plan rolls out.  

I suppose I'l try to pay later on this week and if it doesnt work I'll probably just leave the money there until they do.   I wonder if they will end up back debiting owed amounts from current transactions to compensate if there are loads of people experiencing this issue or it turns out they cannot fix it. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Paying your eBay Fees

problem solved

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.04.06 PM.jpeg

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Paying your eBay Fees

@darak10 

Right on the dot 11:00 PM Mtn time the fees for Jan 16 - Feb 15 got pulled from PayPal account leaving a very small balance for after Feb 16 but pre MP. There was a note on the billing page about fees being removed sometime in the next 14 days. That could be for the balance but like Robert Plant said....Heaven knows!! I've never been a fan of approximately, kinda around, between generalizations but those are the joys of eBay and when it's good for them.

-Lotz

PS. As a side speaking to someone else they were having similar issues attempting to make a farewell final PayPal to eBay payment.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Paying your eBay Fees

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

Hey Lotz ... have you had a chance to look over today's Spring Update on .com? Here on .ca there's not a peep about it which is surprising. Among the new wrinkles announced for MP accounts is the total abandonment of the monthly invoice and soon.  I forget the implementation date, but it's happening shortly.  Perhaps the upcoming change is interfering with your payment attempt, could they be getting ready to draw the funds from another source? 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Paying your eBay Fees

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

Hey Lotz ... have you had a chance to look over today's Spring Update on .com? Here on .ca there's not a peep about it which is surprising. Among the new wrinkles announced for MP accounts is the total abandonment of the monthly invoice and soon.  I forget the implementation date, but it's happening shortly.  Perhaps the upcoming change is interfering with your payment attempt, could they be getting ready to draw the funds from another source? 

There was some sort of an announcement on dot com with emails to sellers around the middle of February.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/ebay-no-more-monthly-bill/m-p/31630547#M110559

Each transaction(sale) is considered it's own entity with taxes charged on each line and selling price/shipping as 1 total so no discount for sellers using lower shipping services. (Hope I've stated that correctly.) The intention is if you need your sales details for a time period you have to generate a report that will provide you with the information you require vs the olden days an illiminates reasons for an itemized invoice. A seller with a store with 'possibly' get an invoice(can't find this part confirmed anywhere) at the end of each month with subscription fees, shipping(if created from pending funds) and upcharges on listing fees. I believe either to be paid in a certain timeframe or it will come out automatically at eBay's discretion.

One of the minor perks of MP is that if a customer does not pay for a purchase no fees are removed. If they pay and cancel would think reversal would be immediate. If you process a partial refund no FVF's are refunded to the seller.

The biggest concern about fees and when they get removed is timing. As stated previously I was advised by an MP customer service agent on the phone that fees would NEVER be taken from a sellers bank account. Unfortunately I do not have a transcript of that phonecall. If funds can go in funds can come out. It will all come down to the timing of these prestidigiatations of funds.

-Lotz

PS1. My failed payment attempt was probably caused by the funds already in the process of being removed. I should be able to pay the balance manually or it will come out on its own by the middle of the month.

PS2. To your other point when you view announcements on the 2 sites dot com wins in volume hands down. As to what actually ever officially arrives miliage does vary. Spring announcement dot ca 2019 we were supposed to get additional store options. Never happened. I was waiting for 1 of those options patiently.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Paying your eBay Fees

Let's hope the mechanics of all this eventually come to light, I'm expecting the accounting to become more mysterious than ever.

On the announcements front it seems of late very little of substance is being released to us directly, Nothing is being communicated to us here yet the changes announced piecemeal on .com are being implemented here as well. Even the announcements on .com are sort of fleeting, topics one at a time are posted on community and then quickly get lost in a sea of conversations. Again today the Spring Update was announced in the form of 3 or 4 discussions in community,

Lots of upcoming changes!

Antiques and collectibles sellers drew the short straw on category and IS changes this time.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Paying your eBay Fees

Let's hope the mechanics of all this eventually come to light, I'm expecting the accounting to become more mysterious than ever.

On the announcements front it seems of late very little of substance is being released to us directly, Nothing is being communicated to us here yet the changes announced piecemeal on .com are being implemented here as well. Even the announcements on .com are sort of fleeting, topics one at a time are posted on community and then quickly get lost in a sea of conversations. Again today the Spring Update was announced in the form of 3 or 4 discussions in community,

Antiques and collectibles sellers drew the short straw on category and IS changes this time.

I'm not sure but I think the mechanics may be coming to light!?!

Next MP Invoice.JPG

I wonder if I could mail in a penny? I think I have a stamp somewhere in the house.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Paying your eBay Fees

Must be one of those mysterious rounded up charges at work hehe. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Paying your eBay Fees

It should be basic math. With each MP transaction there can be several lines. Tax is added on each line and then rounded up. Standard transactions the tax is calculated by totally the lines and then the tax is calculated. 1000's of transactions over a course of a year? 1000's of pennies. 

The same sort of math was being used for displaying a sellers free listings under promotional savings. Each  10 cent listing was 11 cents with tax or 10 cents tax on the dollar vs the 5 cents it should be. (5% GST Alberta)

-Lotz

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Paying your eBay Fees

Appears it is some sort of internal error for processing payments directly to PayPal. Current amount outstanding 21.18. When I went to pay in full system defaulted to 21.12. It let me edit to 21.18 and send me to PayPal which then sent me back to eBay. Transaction unprocessed.

-Lotz

tyler@ebay 

Probably not in your wheelhouse but if it can get passed on to the correct powers it would be most helpful. In speaking to others they are having similar problems making payments for a final balance.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply