Permanent Suspension with No warning, No Email, No Message and No Reason.

I have a relative that has been selling on eBay since 2013 with about 3300 reviews and a Feedback rating of 99.8% and is as straight as they come. Today everything was good. She had about 10 orders for the day to pack and did the first 3 without issue. Then on the 4th one when she went to print a label, a red banner appeared telling her that she was suspended. When she went to her profile, it showed her as "No longer a registered user". She was able to chat with a CSR that told her there was nothing that they could do, nor could they discuss the situation with her and advised her to find another platform to sell on. She is now unable to contact eBay by any means. She also no longer has access to these forums.

Here email has no mention of being suspended. Plus she has been able to access her messages, and there is no message from eBay mentioning the suspension.

She did get an email about 45 minutes later asking her to review the message policy. She could not remember sending any messages to eBay members.

Anyone know what could have happened that eBay closed down her account with such prejudice and will not respond to her in any way? Plus she has $3k plus that was to be paid out tommorow that is also on hold until her account is in good standing. What happens to these funds?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Permanent Suspension with No warning, No Email, No Message and No Reason.

Your "relative" may not be telling you the whole story. I say that because many people come to the board in a similar situation claiming "no reason" and "no notice" and it's only after interrogation that they reveal the truth.

Be warned, if eBay connects you to your suspended relative your own account will be in serious danger.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

As recped says, there has to be more to the story that she has not told you. They would not suspend the account for no reason. The fact that they mention "review the message policy", perhaps she was trying to sell directly to people outside of eBay or messaging inappropriately?? If she "can't remember messaging members" but can still access her messages, ask her to look there...sounds like the reason is something she said or did through messaging.

Must have been a big issue for immediate suspension! If you hear more from her would like to hear the reason also!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Was it a "chat" or a "Chat"?

The phone reps are undertrained subcontractors in Utah with no authority.

The Chat workers are eBay employees as are those assigned to FaceBook and Twitter.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

It is possible, though unlikely if she has been selling regularly, that her account was hijacked and eBay closed it to protect buyers from a scammer.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

No, she is very honest and would not be doing anything shady. I have looked through her messages and there definatly was no message from ebay that it was suspended. Nor is there much more to the story.

I am surprised that my account could be suspended just because I an related to someone who has had there account suspended.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@pawncanada wrote:

I am surprised that my account could be suspended just because I an related to someone who has had there account suspended.

Shared physical addresses, shared internet access, shared devices....everything gets logged.

Watch out for "employees"🤔

recped_0-1646702763793.png

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Wow, I see the image. that is scary.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply