Please post all bugs and issues here

I am creating this forum so that every WED we can refer Kalvin and the rest of the crew to this forum or can mention things on this forum to them ...

Stock Photos being removed all the time for no reason

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Please post all bugs and issues here

It would have been so much easier to offer a candid answer:

"We screwed up.  We are sorry. We apologize.

Here is what we did wrong and the consequences......"

"From now on the practice of uploading non-tracking tracking numbers will stop by both eBay and sellers. We take responsibility for the long standing error and efforts will be made to instruct our customer service people to delete bad feedback and low DSRs caused by the practice until now."

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

Here is a bug for you.    

The ebay rate calculator will not give any rates to the US from Canada.    I am familiar with the prior bugs in ebays rate calculator (ie, if you don`t have one dimension over 10 inches, it won`t work).   But right now, none of my items (which represent all different package dimensions, on three different ebay sites), are showing that shipping can not be calculated to the US.

This likely also means Ebay is behaving as if I do not offer shipping to the US, and not showing my items to US buyers (I have both expedited and express to US from Canada on all my listings, and tracked packet air on some).  All site are top rated.   Items are paintings, antiques, and decorative arts - ie nothing that would be blocked from exposure to the US

To see if this bug is affecting you, take one of your listings, and see if you can get a mail rate to the US.

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

Here is another bug for you.  

The automatic removal of international site visibility on items that should not be affected.

For example, I just listed a Haida argillite totem pole by Danny Dixon - and get this, ebay automatically removed the international site visibility.   (on my avionsun antiques site)

Ebay did the same thing for the three meissen porcelain items (one bull, one figure group, and one plate), also all listed on the same site.

Ebay has doing this to me for years.  I have reported it to Ebay for years - several times this year alone.    Each time I`ve been told it will be fixed............well its been more years than I can remember, and it isn`t fixed - and infact, not its worse - now one can`t have international site visibility on a totem pole by a well known artist!

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

Oh, and here is another bug - well this one might just be incompetent design.

Why do Ebay and Paypal allow buyers to filed item not received complaints BEFORE the earliest expected delivery date.

I offer multiple shipping options to my international buyers.    Chinese buyers for example are offered tracked surface (Canadapost guide delivery time 6-12 weeks), and xpresspost (1-3 weeks).   About half of the Chinese buyers select surface mail (probably because Canadapost is so expensive).    They do so knowing about the 6-12 week delivery period.   About half of those, then filed item not received complaints 3-4 weeks later (always on Paypal).

Ebay knows what mail option the buyer selected, and ebay knows the expected delivery date, and ebay knows the tracking number.   Why then, does ebay allow the buyer to file an item not received complaint BEFORE the earliest possible delivery date!!!!!!

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kalvin, thanks for responding.  It is light packet, even air mail small.  The only thing is automated is Expediteed, Tracked Packets and XpressPost.

Since you said you have removed the automatic system for it, why not make an announcement? 

Since you have removed it, so I don't have to type the "tracking numbers" anymore but what about when I sold the items on ebay.com which I used both  but eBay.com, it is required to include for TRSs purposes?  Or will I see my TRSs removed because of that or what?   I am concered about eBay.com if eBay is going to "penalized" me for not using tracking number if I use light packet or air small packet.  If eBay is going to penalize me for that, then why should I have to be forced to use more expensive mail service like Expedited Mail or XpressPos when it is not necessary and I am NOT going to ding my buyers with expensive mail just to mail 4x6" inches photos or do I have to??   I do use Expedited or XpressPost when need like heavier than 500g or valuable items  but not for a 4x6 inches photos.

Another thing is why don't eBay/PayPal/Canada Post offer a cheaper mail like lettermail for Canada sellers like Canada Post is offering light packet for us to ship to Canada and International?  I am sure that many of Canadian sellers would like to use this cheaper mail service to ship 4x6 photos, trading cards, etc.   I lke using PayPal Shipping because I am mobility limited and cannot go to post office at any time, in fact, I have not see inside of any post office for about 5 years and is not going to start now.  It is a hassle to have someone to buy postage stamps for me from time to time when we could use lettermail in PayPal Shipping to ship it.  That way we have proof of our purchasing them on PayPal Shipping, while we don't have proof at the post office in inside as they don't include name, addresses, etc., on the receipts like PayPal Shipping do.  Would you consider working with Canada Post to provide lettermail as another choice of mail service?

It is quite steep for about $9.00 or more (depending on whichprovicnes) like Expedited or Regular Service through PayPal Shipping to ship small items like photos, trading cards etc.   Also it is ideal to offer us this lettermail service for those who are mobility limited like myself, would love to use it via PayPal Shipping at any time.

Please consider.  Thanks.

Thanks.

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

So, based on your comments, it was OK for eBay to mistakenly upload the wrong information (not tracking) on behalf of sellers but it is not OK for sellers to do the same although the practice has been tolerated until now.

It was certainly not OK for the PayPal labels platform to behave this way, which is why we asked them to fix the problem. 

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

honeybed1950,

If you wish to use Canada Post Lettermail from home, you can buy stamps from the post office and keep at home.

To avoid going to the post office you can buy "discount postage" stamps online and have them mailed to your home. These are older mint stamps with gum on from stamp collections.  The stamps still are good for mailing. You can buy from 20 to 40% off face value.  This means you get $100 of face value on the stamps for $60 to $80 (plus tax and shipping costs, may be free from eBay sellers).

If you Google search with key words "discount postage", you will find a site in Kingston that sells online that I use. Safe, reliable, I have used them for a few years now. You get a mix of various denominations so you have to make combinations of the amount you want. So for example, 100 grams at $1.34 postage, you might have 6 x 20 cents + 1 x 14 cents stamps.

One issue with discount postage is the space needed on an envelope or package. You use 5 to 10 or more stamps to make the amount needed. But usually this is not a problem for Lettermail because the rates are from $1.34 to $3.75 for 100 to 500 grams.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

megamangaea
Community Member

Hi megamangaea,

Do you have a URL so I can see this?

Thanks,

Here's an example:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/Toys-Hobbies-/220/i.html?_ssov=1&_fln=1&_from=R40&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSRCHX%...

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

Here I come said the mosquito

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  Wonder if anyone else have the same problems I am having?  When I need to upload any pictures from my computer for the gallery, I noticed that the pictures from my computer are not in alphabetic order from A to Z, they are all mixed up.  I had to search for the specific photos to upload, it is becoming a time consuming and hassle as I have some item that has up to 12 pictures and I had to scroll down each time for one picture and then do it again for the next picture, and so on, all the time.

I checked my pictures that I saved on my computer, they all are in alphabetic order but not while on eBay when I list anything.  I wonder if it is on eBay's end that caused this problems?

My niece who is a computer nerd had came and checked my computer, cleaned everything (cahce/cookies) and it is still the same.  She thinks it might be the eBay's end that is causing this problems.

I wonder any of you have the same problems or not?  Any advice how to make my pictures on eBay to be in alphabetic order when listing/uploading before submit them?

Message 30 of 36
latest reply

Just tried to look at my account activity and neither that nor the balance are available on eBay.ca or .com.  Has anyone else come across this?

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

I don't have long search strings, but I the 'save search' feature has not been working for WEEKS.  The screen just sort of greys out and freezes when I hit 'save search'.  I can go back no problem, but it doesn't save.  Very annoying.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

for luxe.labels.  Usually when you don't see the balance, it is because they are working to send you the invoice of what you owe for the month and it will re-appear in 24-48 hours.  It does happen every month.   One annoying thing is that I still cannot find the monthly fees for the store subscription on my invoice monthly.  If they don't want me to see it, then don't charge me those fees or show it on my monthly invoice! 

When I signed in to choose which monthly fees (new on eBay) which I wanted to choose the most cheapest fees like $49.99 and I was told that I am NOT qualified and charges me $59.99, $10.00 more per month, meaning $120.00 MORE per year which pissed me off.  I want to choose the most chepest fees but NO eBay don't want that!!  I can't find anywhere where "qualifications" for those monthly fees.  Do you know where I can find the information and what are the qualifications? 

I could have called the customer service but am leery of wasting my precious time as I have lots of things to do than trying to get hold of the right person who will knew and can answer.  Maybe I should email to Kalvin which may be much better?  Thanks.

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

"my account activity and neither that nor the balance are available on eBay.ca or .com. "

That is normal and happens every month

on the first of the month if your seller account statement is calculated on the last day of the month

or the 16th if your seller account is calculated on the 15th.

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

Lastly, with regards to the US TRS tracking requirement (tracking isn't a requirement for the Global TRS program), what I would like to stress is that using numbers that aren't tracking numbers in order to meet the 90% target was never advised or allowed. The only numbers that are considered valid tracking numbers are actual tracking numbers.

I'm sorry, but I'm almost certain that one of the "Pinks" at a Wed. discussion a couple of months ago confirmed that a Light/Small Pkt "tracking" #, if uploaded to a sold item, would be considered a valid tracking number for TRS purposes.  I can't locate the discussion at the moment, but I'll try to find it.  Is eBay now back-tracking on this matter?  It seems the tune has changed completely.  Surely eBay must have been aware that Paypal was previously uploading the Small Pkt "tracking" numbers?

What this means is that it will be realistically impossible for a Canadian seller to achieve U.S. TRS status if that seller uses more than 10% Light/Small Pkt (or lettermail) to the U.S.  Using Expedited or Xpresspost is out of the question (because of the high cost) unless an expensive item is being shipped. 

What then is the point of continuing to offer U.S. TRS standing to Canadian sellers at all under these circumstances?  I just don't see how we can ever get there now, with the possible exception of sellers who deal exclusively in high-end and/or heavy weight items. 

Why not remove the U.S. TRS tracking requirement for Canadian sellers entirely, or reverse it -- 10% tracking required?  Or accept that "tracking" need only mean shipping confirmation for items sold from Canada, i.e. lower the standard somewhat, since there's little else we Canadians have in our favour where U.S. competition is concerned?

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Hi rose-dee,

What this means is that it will be realistically impossible for a Canadian seller to achieve U.S. TRS status if that seller uses more than 10% Light/Small Pkt (or lettermail) to the U.S.  Using Expedited or Xpresspost is out of the question (because of the high cost) unless an expensive item is being shipped. 

What then is the point of continuing to offer U.S. TRS standing to Canadian sellers at all under these circumstances?  I just don't see how we can ever get there now, with the possible exception of sellers who deal exclusively in high-end and/or heavy weight items. 

Why not remove the U.S. TRS tracking requirement for Canadian sellers entirely, or reverse it -- 10% tracking required?  Or accept that "tracking" need only mean shipping confirmation for items sold from Canada, i.e. lower the standard somewhat, since there's little else we Canadians have in our favour where U.S. competition is concerned?

You are 100% right in this assessment and trust me when I say we spoke out loud and clear all these points when the US Standards team approached us with the changes they were planning for TRS Plus. As much as we could oppose these changes based on how it would hurt the Canadian business, ultimately the US TRS program is designed with the US business in mind. The TRS Plus program is absolutely fantastic if you look at it from a domestic US point of view. The disadvantage for Canadians doesn't come from there, but from things like Canada Post offering a very different shipping landscape than USPS offers our southern neighbors, the fact that our items sold to US buyers have to cross a border, etc. The US TRS program isn't designed to accommodate for cross-border trade because it's a US domestic program.

For the record, Canadian sellers don't have to meet the 90% tracking requirement to be allowed in the US TRS program. Those who do meet it however will benefit from added boost in Best Match and get the badge on their listings.

Message 36 of 36
latest reply