Product not selling

logui_86
Community Member

Hi!

I have been on Ebay for just over a month with my Shopify store. Some of my products are getting views but no purchases. I was told we can't advertise until we have sales so I am not sure what to do? I have lowered my prices on some products and they are competitively priced. I sell baby products so I know the category is a huge seller on Ebay.ca. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Product not selling

Hi, welcome to ebay.  🙂

Have you compare your pricing on ebay? For example, your listing for the baby silicone mitt is $19.99 but other sellers have it for under $10 including shipping.  I checked a few other of your items and they seemed to be higher as well but I did not compare everything.

Most of the sellers that you seem to be competing with are in China and could very well be the people that you are buying your items from so that's hard to compete with.  Are you drop shipping or do you have that product in hand?  Drop shipping in Canada from Asia often isn't that successful. Some dropshippers may do better but they likely source their products from North America and they aren't something that is available by dozens of sellers on ebay.    

If you continue, you also need better titles...make the use of the space that they have. The word teething should be in the title for those mitts.  Some of your items don't have the word baby in them or are missing other info.  Your titles are how people find your items so think about what words they would use in a search. There are tons of suggestions to make but it is best to do the legwork and compare other sellers items to see what they sell, how they price, their titles etc.  If you click on sold items on the left of the page, you will have an idea of what has sold.  It isn't totally accurate but might help.

Many people are wary from buying from a 0 feedback seller. Buy a few items so that you have some feedback and see how ebay works. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply