Purchasing USPS postage with a eBay.ca account

Hey, 

We live close to the US/Can border and were hoping to drive across the border to ship a few items sold on eBay via USPS to our american customers

The only thing is, we don't get the option to print out USPS labeling. I never had a problem printing out Canada Post/Fed Ex postage for canadian sales, but it won't work for US sales. I'm done selling on eBay.ca and really want to migrate over to eBay.com and I even have a postal box on the other side of the border to take in return shipping. 

What can I do to get this process going and give my account access to USPS postage? I really don't want to start over with a new eBay.com account. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You may want to look into stamps.com    They will try and get you signed up for their (approx) $16/month subscription but if you dig deeper, you will see they do offer a free service as well. Tough to find but, it does exist.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the reply,

Dig deeper as in...? work my magic over the phone and have them open up to a free service offer? Or search around google for a free service link?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@dmnhours wrote:
Thanks for the reply,

Dig deeper as in...? work my magic over the phone and have them open up to a free service offer? Or search around google for a free service link?

It used to be available via a specific link, but googling about it looks like all the ebay landing pages just lead to the general registration page. Have a go through there and see what comes up plan wise. You'll want to familiarize yourself with the process for transporting packages across the border as you can't just take them across without following procedure. Lots of info here for you to review. You'll need to factor in the per crossing fees (or yearly transponder fee).

I couldn't stand the stamps interface and use endicia. If you ship things in the priority mail rate class you might want to look at aggregators like shipstation, shippingeasy, goshippo, etc as they typically offer commercial plus pricing for priority mail versus commercial base that stamps/endicia offer.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

When you register at Stamps you need to use the click on "promo code" at checkout.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply