Returned USA MAIL - Is it still happening??

Just wondering if anyone has had oversized letter mail to the US returned lately, or iwas a momentary crackdown (or rogue employee) that has passed? Any returns anyone?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

33nhl
Community Member

I stopped sending as regular and over size mail to USA  and started to use Chitchats its cheaper then sending small packet with Canada Post  and it has tracking with Chitchats.

I only send registered mail and Parcels to USA with Canada post but i could soon be changing Parcel aswell with Chichats 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I have continued to mail items that are "inherently paper in nature" as Oversized Letter-post to the States. I stopped mailing 'goods' as those were regularly getting returned (mainly small video game cartridges and the like).

My observations in the past month or so: the one paper item I sent out in a bubble mailer was returned to me. I mailed some other things in "stay-flat" mailers (also called photo mailers) and none of those have been sent back (and I've received feedback on a couple of them so I know they're getting there. The more the item looks like a regular letter the better chance of it passing through.

Obviously, experiment at your own risk.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I never received a single package back personally. Once i heard people complaining about it i started to add paper in my mailers and tape my stuff to it. Then if someone playing with my package nothing is moving and if they bend it, it feels like paper. I'm obviously not shipping material hard like metal tho
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I switched to a mix of CP small packet (for goods under 200 gm) and chitchats for over 200 gm.  I do still send flat goods by lettermail.  My earlier returns all involved bubble mailers.  Sales to the U.S. have plummeted with my common shipping cost going from $3.49 to $9.18  I generally sell items in the $3-15 range.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply