Sales are slow, sucks to add "We canceled a sale for your security" to the pile

At 4:07 AM made a sale (small item $12.99 US) at 4:33 AM got this message.

Buyer had zero feedback, new id created likely for the sale.

The bot email message is the generic one, my assumption is that something got flagged via the payment method, or the buyer was trying to return with a new id after having been cancelled for whatever reason before and were identified as trying to sneak back with a new id.

Interestingly at the moment I still have the $$$ the email message says that: "If payment was processed, a refund has not been issued yet just in case you’ve already shipped the item." so not sure how long I'll have the funds, within "my ebay" everything still shows as normal unless one clicks on the ID or their feedback then one gets the big bold red "No longer a registered user" message.

So I lost 50% of my sales last night and this was the larger one!

😪

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@ricarmic wrote:

At 4:07 AM made a sale (small item $12.99 US) at 4:33 AM got this message.

Buyer had zero feedback, new id created likely for the sale.

The bot email message is the generic one, my assumption is that something got flagged via the payment method, or the buyer was trying to return with a new id after having been cancelled for whatever reason before and were identified as trying to sneak back with a new id.

Interestingly at the moment I still have the $$$ the email message says that: "If payment was processed, a refund has not been issued yet just in case you’ve already shipped the item." so not sure how long I'll have the funds, within "my ebay" everything still shows as normal unless one clicks on the ID or their feedback then one gets the big bold red "No longer a registered user" message.

So I lost 50% of my sales last night and this was the larger one!

😪

@ricarmic 

There seems to need to be a bit better of an explanation on eBay's part of what is actually going for these kind of situations(and others). Especially when stuff either may or may not already have been shipped and both buyer and seller are left in guessing mode. Majority of the emails we get to put politely as possible are extremely vague.

I guess the alternative could be..."We are taking money out of your account for no particular reason. Sorry....It is what it is!! Thank you for being a long time seller on eBay!! Your business is appreciated!! Hope your problem has been solved? Click!!"

-Lotz

Does the message explain how you can unship the item if you have already shipped?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

"If you already sent the item, contact the shipper to find out if you can stop the delivery and have the item returned to you."

Good luck with that, the PO at least cannot intervene when it is on its way. I learned this the hard way a few years ago when the first $650 item failed whilst the $750 one was still on its way and not yet delivered. Once the PO takes control, it can't be intercepted and returned no matter what the reason is. I tried a number of things to stop that $750 from being delivered to no avail. (that one failed too, that was a bad loss rate year, although PAYPAL covered at least one of them, it's long enough I forget how much I lost on that one.

Mine isn't of course on the way anyway.... 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This happens when a user is suspended, the suspension likely has nothing to do with your transaction but when it happens eBay cancel every active transaction.

If you have already shipped you could keep the sale but you would need to have tracking already posted (possibly you could still add tracking TODAY and be safe).

I have received many of these in the past but they usually don't show up for a day or two after I have shipped, never had a chargeback, NARU'd buyers can't open eBay claims or leave feedback.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I posted about the same thing happening to me about a week ago. Got the same generic message stating "We cancelled a sale for your security".  The buyer is "No longer a registered user" on eBay but the transaction shows in my sold items. The buyer paid, the money went through & was deposited in my bank account. I had already made up a label, so sent the item with tracking. It shows that it has reached the destination. Will have to see if there is any problem with delivery or not.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Interesting addendum, I went to relist the item today and it (my listing) no longer exists.

If I try to do anything with it in terms opening, relisting, sell similar I get the: "We looked everywhere. Looks like this page is missing" page as a result.

No big deal to simply manually relist but odd that the process zapped my original too when they cancelled it for my security....

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Interesting addendum, I went to relist the item today and it (my listing) no longer exists.

If I try to do anything with it in terms opening, relisting, sell similar I get the: "We looked everywhere. Looks like this page is missing" page as a result.

No big deal to simply manually relist but odd that the process zapped my original too when they cancelled it for my security....

@ricarmic 

Similar to VERO. They poof off the map completely. No way to modify, fix, tinker etc even if you wanted to or it was possible.

In the next few days  (approx June 5) listings with Refurbished are going to be ended along with any variation type listings that have condition built in. As per ebay these are supposed to be only ended (and appear in your ended folder) with the option to modify letting a seller fix anything that needs to be fixed. Will this happen? Stay tuned. Might be a really good idea to have your current number of active listings written down if these listings suddenly do go poof in the night.  Nitty gritty below.

For anyone that may have items originally noted as refurbished, if you go to your listing page and search with the term "refurbished" that will bring up the nasty vermin listings. Some sort of tool to pinpoint would have been very helpful. (CS thought that would be a good idea too when I inquired.)  As for nailing down variation condition applicable listings, for that task I am stumped.

-Lotz

As per the email it doesn't specify exactly which listings currently running may be applicable, Only that you might have listings about to be affected. 

To ensure a smooth transition on June 5, we encourage you:

• not to create any new listings in the impacted categories with the Seller Refurbished condition;

• move current Seller Refurbished condition listings in the impacted categories to the Used condition no later than June 2, 2023.

Multi-SKU variant options will be removed

To reduce buyer confusion and create a more consistent shopping experience across Item Conditions, condition-and grade-related variants (e.g., “very good,” “good,” “Grade A,” “Grade B”) as custom multi-SKU variant options will be removed in the listing experience. This change will occur on June 5, 2023 and it will be permanent.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply