Shipment from US to Canada

I would like to ship an insecticide from the US to Canada. From what i read on reddit forums, some Canadian users were able to receive it from ebay sellers in the US. What should i put on customs form so that it can be received in Canada?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What kind of insecticide? What is the intended use?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

it's crossfire bedbug concentrate. unfortunately they don't sell it in Canada. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I would recommend you phone the border and ask them if it's legal for it to enter Canada and how. If it's not sold here because it's a banned substance, don't even try to get it across. Otherwise, ask them what needs to be on the paperwork and package to allow it entry. Also, note that Canada Post probably won't deliver it.

Herbicides and pesticides are really tough to navigate. For example, Killex I believe is banned from entry into Canada, banned from sale in the eastern provinces, but legal in the western provinces. For yours, it's possible it could be legal in some provinces and not in others, and that may be why some people were able to get it across and not others.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I honestly don't think you can ship it from the U.S. because it is a hazordous material or I think it may be classified as that and prohibited from importation unless the buyer has a special permit.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The seller fills out the form, not the buyer.

If the insecticide is liquid, it probably has to travel Surface, rather than by air.

Ingredients are :

1. Clothiandin – gives it a long residual
  2. Metofluthrin – provides quick knockdown
  3. Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) – fights metabolic resistance

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2020/html/00/ch38-eng.html

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Clothiandin seems to be approved.

As is Metofluthrin.

There appear to be restrictions on PBO

Message 7 of 7
latest reply