Shipping Supplies Coupon Is Now Available

Just got an e-mail stating that our eBay Shipping Supplies Coupon Is Now Available To Redeem.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand it.  We are being offered $70.00 free shipping supplies, is that true.  However I checked the items and each has prices, so how "free"??

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

...have you tried applying that coupon at check out? It's supposed to deduct $70 from the total.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

First of all I see you are from the US. This is the Canadian Discussion Board. Also the coupon for supplies is only available to those who have an eBay Store.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

On the Yayyyy side it appears they have added 2 more items to the mix Holiday tissue paper and holiday eBay stickers for Canadian sellers.  🙂  Appears now when you check the items available to US sellers unable to view full list???

-CM

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

"they have added 2 more items to the mix Holiday tissue paper and holiday eBay stickers for Canadian sellers.  :-)"

The last thing in the world I would want is eBay stickers. They keep putting more and more eBay advertising on the envelopes and I cover every one with blank labels. To me big eBay stickers advertise "valuable" and make theft more likely.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Not a huge fan of the direction they're going with the products. I mostly ship industrial products so using bright purple and blue packing tape is not the professional look I'm aiming for.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I emailed them a while back to find out if they were considering adding a bit more variety to the list as for dot ca sellers. After some sort of consult was told it was a good idea and that they would get back to me. I guess the tissue/stickers was their major upgrade to the available choices. For me, the selection is extremely limited for the items I carry. The stickers are meaningless to your average buyer. If you were to use the boxes and were nervous about the advertising, unassemble at the seam and reverse/retape. If you have connections or access to either a UPS/Puro/Fedex depot the non-bubble pouches are available for the taking for free. I use as internal packaging only for added protection. For some customers, the Thank You cards can be a nice touch if you personize them but we all know they're never going to get framed. As for the prices of the available items, how much is actually the "Free Shipping"? 

-CM

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I've found another use for the thank you cards, they're reasonably rigid, in the stamp world I have to use stiffeners to ensure the stamps don't get bent in the mailstream.

Traditionally this is in the form of cut up cereal boxes that folks save for me.

Now I've discovered for the small stuff I can use 2 of the thank you cards cut down to size.

They'll be thinking I'm a big thankyou kinda guy, I ordered 8 packages of 100!!!

Little do they know....
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

WOW I have to give the suppliers credit, things are much better than they were a year ago!!

Placed my order on Wednesday at 5pm, got my order today!!!!! Not even 2 days!!!!!
(And everything was there that was supposed to be there too!)
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The prices seem to have come down a LOT since they moved the stock into Canada too. I'm now paying $21.50 for the stickers I use to hold closed my bubble wrap from $75 or something about 18 months ago.

I like the look of a lot of it but I'm up to my ears in unused envelopes and boxes; most of what I ship fits into one of about 20 other box sizes that I keep on-hand. (I'm very fussy about fit since too big costs me too much in postage.) And tissue doesn't work for me since I prefer the protection inherent to bubblewrap and find paper adds unnecessary weight without offering that protection. Still, it looks pretty. As do the thank-you cards.

I'm happy to spend $70 four times a year on whatever they have to offer. 

Yay, coupons! 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply