Shipping

Hey guys so im trying to figure out the best methods for shipping small items like a video game or in this case specifically a CD Walkman I've definitely not mastered the art of shipping small items i have a great third party shipping service that i get excellent rates for medium to bigger items but the service i use has a minimum flat rate so video games end up costing me 10 dollars shipping within Canada no matter the destination. The few times i have gone to Canada post they quoted me similar prices i know this can't be the only way please if anyone can assist me for small item shipping within Canada that would be  a life saver ( so far ive put items like games etc. in a bubble envelope and usually cut the envelope down to size of the game/item)

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Shipping

Start here:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Use metric measurements. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and everything else is guesswork.

We get discounts from Canada Post prices when we buy shipping labels through Shippo/Paypal or SnapShip/Canada Post.

You will need a Small Business Solutions number, but you can get that at the PO or even on that website. It's free.

Eventually a card will arrive in the mail, but you only need the number.

The maximum thickness for LetterPost is 2 cm, and maximum weight is 500 grams.

There are restrictions on what can be sent LetterPost, but so far this really only effects International shipping.

There is  whole Board just on Shippo, which is new and still kinking a bit. On the whole it works fine, don't pay too much attention to the earliest posts when it wasn't.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply