Sigh, some item specifics categories, I cannot find a valid value....

This is in the stamps world, this began on October 15th.

So far I've found on .COM and .CA two that I cannot find any valid "places of origin" for:

stamps\asia\collections, lots

stamps\africa\collections, lots

I know for stamps\british commonwealth\collections, lots a valid "place of origin" is "British Colonies & Territories" (which I found by accident).

So far all I've been able to find is a list of the affected categories, I have not been able to find a list of the acceptable options for a given item specific.....

tyler@ebay is there a list anywhere of the acceptable options?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Maybe check some active listings, assuming there are any, see what value(s) they've used... time consuming I know.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

FWIW  technically a lot (most?) Empire stamps were printed in London and then shipped to the Colonies.

Can't have the natives learning how to set up a modern economy of their own now can we?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@ricarmic 

Issue has been noted on dot com. Discussion link attached. Hopefully a fix/workaround will get suggested.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/quot-Place-of-Origin-quot-now-required-for-st...

-Lotz

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@ricarmic 

Follow up.

It's a known issue. Programmers are working on it. For now only solution is keep trying til it automagically works. Will pass it on if I hear anything back. His observation that it applied to Stamps: Asia: Collections, Lots and the same for Africa. It does not let you complete the 'Place of Origin" field and does not let you list it with that field blank. May also apply to other regions but he hadn't uncovered as of yet.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It is funny that I hit both of them myself too! THX for the updates and have a great day!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@ricarmic 

Happy to help. On the ummm brighter/darker side Seller Hub invoice totals issue was fixed "expeditiously"  fast so hopefully just as quick with stamps and sounds like still clothing.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 8
latest reply