Small Packet USA Air - No longer available in the Shipping options?

Happy New Year to All!

I have been a long time member (since 2004) but more recently rejoined as a Seller since Dec 2018. So far, so good, everything is pretty straight forward.

I just recently noticed (yesterday Jan 15) that the Small Packet USA Air is No longer available in the Shipping options to the USA despite still being offered by Canada Post (as much as I know). This is not my first listing, I've complete over 50 listings since Dec'18 but only encountered this issue on Jan 15, 2019.

Anybody else having the same issue?

I am currently circumventing the issue by choosing Letter Post (no tracking) and specifying clearly in the posting that the service used is Small Packet USA Air but would rather not have to do that.

Thank you,

salim_bfb

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Small Packet USA Air - No longer available in the Shipping options?

Also, if 100 per cent of your sales are outside Canada, you should be listing on eBay.com.
Message 21 of 32
latest reply

What happens if you go to one of your new listings and try to revise it to show small packet USA? 

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

I hear what you say and I understand we have to be as specific as possible for the tech to be able to look into the issue.

To be clear (for the tech), this is an issue that arose overnight and I doubt it's a user input error, as I said over 50 listings completed in the last 30 days doing the exact same thing, no issues. This issue concerns shipping options for the USA only (Canada is not impacted), the Small Packet USA Air option is no longer showing. I use both the latest version of the Iphone App and the desktop based website to create/update my listings.

The screenshot posted originally remains the same, I am able to select Buyer Pays $15 and select between shipping methods but Small Packets USA Air is no longer showing (regardless of fixed costs or actual costs, it is not showing). I don't mind if I either specify the cost or eBay defines a default one for me as long as Small Packets USA Air is shown, I'm happy. I am definitely not using Letter Post (a no-no for my items) but I cannot do tracking at $15 either. Hopefully, potential buyers that are too lazy to look into "Item Description" do not overlook that...
Message 23 of 32
latest reply

same issue
Message 24 of 32
latest reply

that's a good point, I might just do that. thanks for the tip
I had considered it briefly while reading some older posts here regarding the inability of Canadians to list in US$ on ebay.ca but most people were saying that it wouldn't make a difference. I am thinking that it does in my case after all as you are highlighting.

Yes, 100% of my sales are outside Canada, with a 50/50 spread between USA and Asia (Japan & Hong Kong) with the occasional Western Europe sale.
Message 25 of 32
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

Tyler, can you please assist with this? This user, the Original Poster, is being denied for reasons unknown the option of using Small Packets Airmail USA in all his new listings since Jan 15 whereas mine are perfectly fine. Instead he's getting an option for letter post that shouldn't exist in that spot because it's a flat-rate choice only.

The user formerly known as CM says he mentioned that he's also having a recently-erupted similar problem with Sell Similar? They're using Calculated shipping, as am I, but seeing different options both on desktop and mobile/apps. 

Mine is confirmed to be fine (as it should be) on desktop as well as one of the probably recent-is iPhone apps if perhaps this is a browser issues. 

tyler@ebay @happy_pigeon

There was also some oddity with Tracked Packet USA not being ready to accept the new weight limit that's double the old one for 2019, this was reported earlier but I haven't tested to see if it's working as it should be yet. I think other users have said it's not.

Thanks as always for your help. 

Thanks for the tag @momcqueen

This sounds odd @parts_and_diecasts, would you mind taking a look at it from either a mobile browser or a desktop/laptop? I believe I'm seeing the service you mention (for flat rate as well as calculated). Screenshot below:

This is the service you're looking for, right?This is the service you're looking for, right?

Wanting to identify if it's an app-specific issue or something else. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 26 of 32
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Small Packet US AIR is now available again on the desktop version, both for new listings and existing listings (after revising them). The IoS app still has the issue though, this only impacts US Small Packet, whereas Canada and International shipping options are fine.

@momcqueen
thank you for your help on this issue (since yesterday late last night!), much appreciated. Thank you for your advice regarding my customer base, I am setup in CAD, USD and EUR in Paypal, I'm quite indifferent regarding which currency I use, listing exclusively on ebay.com could be a more suitable option indeed. Thanks again.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

You’re welcome. I’m known as an eBay Canada proponent but, really, if your customer base is *all* outside Canada, you will better-serve them and yourself if you go to them.
Message 28 of 32
latest reply

@parts_and_diecasts - thanks for the update! I've gotten this info to the devs of the app. 

I anticipate them asking for your app version and iOS version eventually - if you will get that to me I'll be ready for their inevitable question!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 32
latest reply

tyler@ebay
I am using the latest IoS version: 5.27.5

Note that the issue is still ongoing on the App (but not the desktop).
Also, somebody else mentioned in the Ask a Seller feed that they encountered issues with their listings being relisted (before the 30 days expiry) as a Best Offer and with the Shipping Options all messed up (no more US/Worldwide shipping). I am encountering that exact problem right now with some of my recent listings that were completed less than 2 weeks ago. I have to go through all of the impacted listings, correct the shipping options back again to Worldwide/USA and remove Best Offer (where I don't want it)...
Message 30 of 32
latest reply

@parts_and_diecasts wrote:
tyler@ebay
I am using the latest IoS version: 5.27.5

Note that the issue is still ongoing on the App (but not the desktop).
Also, somebody else mentioned in the Ask a Seller feed that they encountered issues with their listings being relisted (before the 30 days expiry) as a Best Offer and with the Shipping Options all messed up (no more US/Worldwide shipping). I am encountering that exact problem right now with some of my recent listings that were completed less than 2 weeks ago. I have to go through all of the impacted listings, correct the shipping options back again to Worldwide/USA and remove Best Offer (where I don't want it)...

Hi @parts_and_diecasts - thanks for getting me this information, I've passed it on to tech who are taking a look into this.

Best Offer as a service is something that can be automatically added to listings that are priced well above the 90 day selling trend for similar items, or have gone longer than 8 days without a sale. You aren't obligated to accept or respond to these offers, but in our experience this helps members increase their items' visibility as well as sales conversion. 

You can go through and set up an auto-decline on items that have a Best Offer, or you can remove them from the listing with a revision. Bear in mind though that it may be something added again in the future. 

Would you get me an item number example for the situation you mention where both Best Offer is added and the shipping changes? Best Offer should not be altering your shipping at all.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 31 of 32
latest reply

tyler@ebay
for example, one obvious listing that is impacted is: Item ID: 264125391816
It was originally listed about 2 weeks ago with a fixed Buy it Now price (no best offer) and Small Packets USA - Air shipping option (not Letter Post). I left it as is (didn't correct it) so your tech can see for himself.

The change to Canada Only or to USA Letter Post from Small Packet USA - Air is what could hurt the most in terms of visibility/potential lost sale. 100% of my sales are International, mostly to the USA. In addition, Letter Post (i..e envelopes) is frown upon in the collectibles category I deal with, I only use boxes.

The change to Best Offer after 8 days might be an eBay default and that is fine, it's an annoyance nevertheless but if it's not a technical issue then it's not worth investigating and I can live with it. I have been on the other end as a Buyer making offers to Sellers who didn't want (or knew about) a Best Offer on their listing and it's an annoyance and a waste of time for both sides, but that's a topic for another thread maybe for another day.
Message 32 of 32
latest reply