Small Packet USA Air - No longer available in the Shipping options?

Happy New Year to All!

I have been a long time member (since 2004) but more recently rejoined as a Seller since Dec 2018. So far, so good, everything is pretty straight forward.

I just recently noticed (yesterday Jan 15) that the Small Packet USA Air is No longer available in the Shipping options to the USA despite still being offered by Canada Post (as much as I know). This is not my first listing, I've complete over 50 listings since Dec'18 but only encountered this issue on Jan 15, 2019.

Anybody else having the same issue?

I am currently circumventing the issue by choosing Letter Post (no tracking) and specifying clearly in the posting that the service used is Small Packet USA Air but would rather not have to do that.

Thank you,

salim_bfb

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

You mean when creating a new listing? I still see it being offered as a potential postal service to buyers on the ones I provided it as an option.
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

I just drafted a listing using an iPhone app and saw Small Packet Airmail USA as I would expect using Calculated shipping. Are you on a desktop?
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

US  Small Packet Air is the available choice on a number of your listings. 

-Lotz

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

this is what I see since Jan 15 when creating a new listingthis is what I see since Jan 15 when creating a new listing

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

thank you for your prompt reply

you are right that most of my listings where created prior to the issue that started on Jan 15, therefore those are not impacted.
I am referring for example to the latest ones created in the past 24 hours, for example: eBay item number: 264144004963

Please see a screenshot of what I see on the App when creating a new listing.
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I use both the App and a desktop, both mostly the App. The issue is on both platforms. Find a screenshot of what I see in one of my replies below. A recent listing that is impacted for example is: eBay item number: 264144004963
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Good to know, that's what I wanted to confirm: If the issue was specific to me or general to the eBay platform or Canada Post changes. Seems that it's specific to me based on your response, I didn't have that issue a couple days ago.

The vast majority of my sales are done using Small Packet USA Air, most of them ending to the US West Coast to freight forwarding addresses later going to an end user in Asia. Specifying letter post is shun upon within my product line (1/64 scale diecasts) as the risk of damage is high.
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

In describing a situation to Tyler earlier today, have located ended listings that were created originally with US Small Packet Air, USA Tracked and USA Expedited. When I went to use the sell similar function, Small packet air has been dropped and replaced with Xpresspost. A service I would never offer for a very low valued item. 

-Lotz

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

This is a very strange development. I can’t even imagine what the software developers were trying to do when that became collateral damage. Maybe shift the weight to 2 kg from one per Tracked Packet?
Message 10 of 32
latest reply

I will check my recently (overnight and today) auto-renewed listings to see if any of the settings became messed up when they renewed, and report back if they were.
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

I believe in the original post it stated something about it being Monday. I have on order a Go Back/Undo button but it hasn't arrived yet. Will forward to eBay as soon as it arrives by Priority Post!!!  🙂

-Lotz

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

So this is happening for you with all new listings? Realists? Sell similar?

What weight/sizes?
Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Flat-rate shipping only, right?

What happens when you switch to Calculated?

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

No, I see your example cites Calculated. How bizarre. Mine was fine.
Message 15 of 32
latest reply

Tyler, can you please assist with this? This user, the Original Poster, is being denied for reasons unknown the option of using Small Packets Airmail USA in all his new listings since Jan 15 whereas mine are perfectly fine. Instead he's getting an option for letter post that shouldn't exist in that spot because it's a flat-rate choice only.

The user formerly known as CM says he mentioned that he's also having a recently-erupted similar problem with Sell Similar? They're using Calculated shipping, as am I, but seeing different options both on desktop and mobile/apps. 

Mine is confirmed to be fine (as it should be) on desktop as well as one of the probably recent-is iPhone apps if perhaps this is a browser issues. 

tyler@ebay @happy_pigeon

There was also some oddity with Tracked Packet USA not being ready to accept the new weight limit that's double the old one for 2019, this was reported earlier but I haven't tested to see if it's working as it should be yet. I think other users have said it's not.

Thanks as always for your help. 

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

all new listings, yes.
Never had that issue with over 50 listings created in the 30 days prior to Jan 15
I don't specify sizes/weight in the shipping options
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

flat rate yes, I haven't tried calculated yet
I tend to use flat rate $15 for Canada & US, then adjust for combine shipping.
this more than covers my actual costs and allows me to stay competitive vs US/Japan sellers. 100% of my sales are outside Canada.
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

it might have defaulted to calculated on automatically relisted listings, originally (when created from new) all of my listings are flat rate with Small Packets USA Air as default shipping option for US
Message 19 of 32
latest reply

Your screenshot shows a calculated postage flow but you’re using Flat Rate. This is a flat-rate Shipping problem then.
Message 20 of 32
latest reply