Some Issues with MP and ebay Shipping

I have been on MP about 1 month and now have ebay shipping offered.

In the last week I have sent 2 parcels with ebay shipping.

One was to Canada - does not show my name on the return portion, just ebay selling name

- postage amount was not taken from my MP payments section

- very small label

One was to the USA- does not show my name on return portion

- postage amount was not taken from my MP payments section

- was able to change the label size when completing the customs info

- small packet UR number shows on the label but ebay has entered a tracking  

# on my orders page - have no idea what this number is   

Both parcels scanned ok at the Post Office.

The postage rates were the same as on Snapship, Shippo and PayPal. 

At no point did ebay shipping ask for my Canada Post Small Business Number.

There is no record of the parcels on my Canada Post account website.

I can't find anywhere to check on the shipping paid  or any other info on the postage/parcel.

My MP payout is due on Tuesday - perhaps the postage fee will be deducted at that time and the balance sent as a payout.  Anybody know?                              

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was told by eBay support that the payment will be part of the monthly invoice, I assume next month but I don't know yet. This is contrary to eBay stating that it will come out of pending MP funds. (I can't remember where I read this but I did somewhere I believe).

I was also told that eBay gives the same discount as CP Small business level 1, but that eBay does not use the seller CPSB account to get the discount. This is OK for some but if you ever hope to get to CPSB level 2 discount you may never get there as your eBay labels do not count toward the total that CP uses to give account holders there levels of discount. You will be at level 1 always.

I have the same issue with the size of the Canadian label, it is very small, you can resize it in your print settings but not in the shipping tool. Print settings are quite limiting. I also had the issue with the return address not being my return address, address is correct but the name is my eBay user name not my return address name.

I have not done any US as at this point I will stick with Shippo so I can perhaps one day get to a level 2 discount. Frustrating because Shippo cannot withdraw fund from my MP account, I have to use PP or credit card. I have a workaround for this but it is not the greatest.

In My opinion it is an epic fail for eBay, even after the 7 month wait for it. I for one am disappointed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I was told by eBay support that the payment will be part of the monthly invoice, I assume next month but I don't know yet. This is contrary to eBay stating that it will come out of pending MP funds. (I can't remember where I read this but I did somewhere I believe).

I was also told that eBay gives the same discount as CP Small business level 1, but that eBay does not use the seller CPSB account to get the discount. This is OK for some but if you ever hope to get to CPSB level 2 discount you may never get there as your eBay labels do not count toward the total that CP uses to give account holders there levels of discount. You will be at level 1 always.

I have the same issue with the size of the Canadian label, it is very small, you can resize it in your print settings but not in the shipping tool. Print settings are quite limiting. I also had the issue with the return address not being my return address, address is correct but the name is my eBay user name not my return address name.

I have not done any US as at this point I will stick with Shippo so I can perhaps one day get to a level 2 discount. Frustrating because Shippo cannot withdraw fund from my MP account, I have to use PP or credit card. I have a workaround for this but it is not the greatest.

In My opinion it is an epic fail for eBay, even after the 7 month wait for it. I for one am disappointed.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

FAQ for ebay .ca labels:

How do I pay for the labels I purchase on eBay Labels?

Instead of paying for labels individually at the time of purchase, you will see all your label charges and adjustments as well as cancellation credits on your monthly eBay invoice. You will only see transactions within the invoice period.

If you are activated on Managed Payments, your label costs will be netted from your sales proceeds.

Doesn't that last statement basically say that the funds will be taken from your pending payment if you are in MP?  I know that on .com you have to scroll down before you print the label to show where you want the funds taken from so perhaps it is the same here or perhaps its not fully set up yet.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

One was to Canada - does not show my name on the return portion, just ebay selling name

You can put a sticky label with your own name on the parcel. Or just write it.

- very small label

I've seen that complaint before. Can you adjust your printer to 100%/150%/200% before printing, since this is an ongoing problem.

ebay has entered a tracking # on my orders page - have no idea what this number is

Could you ask the PO clerk what he thinks it is?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Yes, I can write my name on it - just something that I shouldn't need to do.

As I mentioned, was able to enlarge label on the US parcel - not on Canadian. Printer adjustments don't help.

The PO has no idea. The small packet parcel, as I said, has an UR number on it so where did ebay get the tracking number as shown below?
Tracking details
CPC tracking #211391609013636656

Dec 26, 2020
3:13pm
Tracking number provided

This info shows on my order page.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I am having the same problem although my name and address appears though on the return portion.

Ebay shipping costs are being taken out directly from my bank account instead of ebay MP. But first go through paypal. I talk to a rep at ebay and they told me at the bottom of the Shippo page I should see something that tells the program to get my shipping costs from my ebay MP. I can't seem to find anything that resembles that. So next time I have to post something I will need to contact ebay to guide me through this.

So as I was dealing with other issues on Shippo and was in contact with them I ask the Shippo rep and had the person telling me this is not feasible on Shippo. Payments go through paypal and then come out of my bank account.  Why do our payments go through paypal when it should be going through ebay MP. Just waiting for paypal to wise up and start charging us fees for using their site that we just opt out of.

Just great. All these different amounts coming out of my bank account at the same time is mind boggling. Ordered some motorcycles parts for a friend in between all this. Two charges for each transaction. One from Pitney and one from Paypal. 30-40 charges in my bank account in the last month and some in US dollars so really hard to keep track of what's what. Trying to keep track of it all is ridiculous.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks. Will watch for this next time I have to print a label. I have looked for that and couldn't find it on the .ca side but I might have just missed it. Now all shipping costs are coming out of my bank account at different times but first go through paypal. Really hard to keep track of what's what.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

That might be worth adding to the Suggestions for 2021 list that is building up.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@luv4orphans wrote:

I am having the same problem although my name and address appears though on the return portion.

Ebay shipping costs are being taken out directly from my bank account instead of ebay MP. But first go through paypal. I talk to a rep at ebay and they told me at the bottom of the Shippo page I should see something that tells the program to get my shipping costs from my ebay MP. I can't seem to find anything that resembles that. So next time I have to post something I will need to contact ebay to guide me through this.

So as I was dealing with other issues on Shippo and was in contact with them I ask the Shippo rep and had the person telling me this is not feasible on Shippo. Payments go through paypal and then come out of my bank account.  Why do our payments go through paypal when it should be going through ebay MP. Just waiting for paypal to wise up and start charging us fees for using their site that we just opt out of.

Just great. All these different amounts coming out of my bank account at the same time is mind boggling. Ordered some motorcycles parts for a friend in between all this. Two charges for each transaction. One from Pitney and one from Paypal. 30-40 charges in my bank account in the last month and some in US dollars so really hard to keep track of what's what. Trying to keep track of it all is ridiculous.

Also if you happen to make a purchase from a seller using MP and you pay with your PayPal, there are no real details in your Paypal account other than a date, and an amount. Sellers name and item purchase is omitted. If the transaction is refunded, the current exchange is used for the refund vs the original exchange rate. I thought it was "supposed" to be 1:1?

For the occasional seller money dumps and charges to a bank account are extremely messy with the lack of details and breakdowns. For the sellers that have mega transactions it's all part of their operational costs and an easy write off, because they have an accountant on the payroll. Most casual sellers can't afford an accountant.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 9
latest reply