Sponsored Items Inspired by Your Views

Another annoying eBay innovation is to take up the screen with things some algorithm thinks I might be interested in. I can think for myself, thank you, and I don't need you getting the way. Now when viewing an item we have to scroll past "Similar sponsored items" and "Sponsored items inspired by your views" before getting to what we actually want, which is the description of the item. But this pushy marketing ploy reaches a height of absurdity when it's on the page of what you're trying to SELL. Why do I need to have suggestions for buying when I'm SELLING something?? I've taken to replying to "Feedback on our suggestions" every time telling them to turn the stupid thing off. Or is there a way of suppressing it without waiting for the IT boffins to realise the absurdity?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sponsored listings have been appearing on listing pages for quite a long time (years)....did you just notice them?

Up until recently they did not show when you the seller looked at your own listings, that changed at some point earlier this year. Kind of makes sense since obviously you are not going to buy your own listings.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Don't you mean it makes no sense? And yes, the sponsored listings have been around for some time, but it's only recently that they've added the "inspired" ones.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply