Thinking of closing my basic store on May 1st......advice/input appreciated

What i thought was a clear cut decision has become less so.   

I've had a basic store on .COM since i can remember.    However, i am starting to wind down selling on Ebay and i think it is no longer needed.  But i'm not sure.

I currently have about 240 listings on .COM, plus about 40 on .CA.  My Basic Store is on .COM.  As of March 30th the number of free listing for non store owners is increasing.  However the wording is confusing.  It says "250 Auction + Fixed Price listings".    Does this mean i get 250 Fixed Price listings?  Also, the update came from Ebay Canada, is the .COM free listings for non store owners going to be the same? ie 250

Other than a reduction in free listings, the only other thing i lose by closing my store will be a 10% discount in fees.  But sales are low now, so this only saves me roughly $10-$15 per month and the store costs $24.80 per month with tax (all dollar amounts are USD).

Sales are going to steadily decline over the months ahead so it seems to me there is a small savings to be had by closing my Basic Store on .COM.....and i can use all the savings i can get these days.

Is there any drawback to closing my Basic Store on .COM as of May 1st that i have overlooked?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, Non-Store would be 250 zero insertion fee listings including BOTH Auction OR Fixed Price.

Basic Store fixed price will be increasing from 350 to 1000 zero insertion fee listings.

Fees & Financials | 2022 Winter Seller Update (ebay.ca)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Web capture_6-3-2022_93032_pages.ebay.ca.jpeg

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The 250 free listings for non store owners can be a combination of fixed price and auction listings.  

To be honest I've lost track of other options that are available only with a store but I don't think that you can run sales without a store.   

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

In addition to the lower FVF, the advantages of a Store are the quarterly coupon for branded shipping supplies and.....perhaps the ability to organize the Store by the seller's own categories.

Stores also seem to get more Free Listings promotions. This month I have thousands on both dotCOM and dotCA.

Since you list on both sites, you will get free listings on both sites at no more expense.

So your 250 dotCA listings will be supplemented by 200(?) dotCOM listings.

But this is true with or without a Store.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Consider opening an eBay Basic Store on eBay.ca Canada. Rates are in Canadian dollars and same features as USA store.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

... the update came from Ebay Canada, is the .COM free listings for non store owners going to be the same? ie 250

ebay.com non-stores were changed to 250 free listings last year for those in Managed Payments.

So between the 2 sites you could have 500 free listings per month as a non-store.

-;-

Message 7 of 7
latest reply