Those Extras For Listings Seem To Have A Mind Of Their Own

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I don't want to accuse eBay of being shady with the listing fees but this just didn't make any sense to me at all: I just listed a couple of new things and specifically and carefully did NOT check off any extras. This is because as a new seller over the last few months I have learned my lesson about those listing fees and how they add up.

I had been warned by customer service that if I had things being relisted those little check marks would go up again by default. No problem, I went in and unchecked the photo gallery extras on older listings, BUT my brand new listings that I had just put up about 20 minutes before, magically had little check marks beside the Photo Gallery extra, the one that says list up to 12 oversized photos, extra fees may apply.

WTFooey? How does that happen and would I have found extra fees because of this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you that was the information I was looking for and also explains why the box remains checked off. I was just being really paranoid about fees. Thanks everyone.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Your Account Activity will say if there are fees. In most categories, fees aren't likely to apply to that feature, I know they don't in mine. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Before you click to upload your new listing or re-listing, eBay tells you how much the listing will cost you.

If it is more than you expected, use the edit/review button and go through the listing again.

The second edit may be more successful.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

BTW -- are those 'dancing wings' used in belly (baladi) dancing?

I seem to remember a teacher using something like that when I took classes.

If so-- you have 80 keystrokes in your title and there is no charge to use them.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes those lovely wings are also used for belly dancing apparently.

As for the listing, I am just baffled that I put up a listing, taking care to make sure no extras are checked off and when I go and check it, sure enough, that little box for the "up to 12 photos, extra fees may be charged" is checked off. I am paraphrasing of course but how is that box magically being checked off?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes those lovely wings are also used for belly dancing apparently.

As for the listing, I am just baffled that I put up a listing, taking care to make sure no extras are checked off and when I go and check it, sure enough, that little box for the "up to 12 photos, extra fees may be charged" is checked off. I am paraphrasing of course but how is that box magically being checked off?

Are you taking about Gallery Plus (http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/gallery-upgrade.html)?

This is free for listings in the Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques categories.

Regardless, your actual cost to list should be displayed before you make your listing go live.

-..-

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you that was the information I was looking for and also explains why the box remains checked off. I was just being really paranoid about fees. Thanks everyone.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply