To close or not to close the store

I am just wondering what everyone does when they go on holidays. I am going away for just a week and am trying to decide whether I should allow the store to stay open or close it. I know that when I closed it for a month the year of the pending postal strikes it took me months to get my sales back to where they had been pre-closing so am wondering if it is better to leave open.

I have seen items where there is a message posted at the top that the seller is away for a certain length of time and would be unable to mail any items till a certain date. Don't suppose that would keep you from getting a defect though.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

To close or not to close the store

Basically then shipping to Canada when listing on .com could cause you trouble period as they could open a case after 7 days regardless of your handling time. I have used expedited for shipping to Canada unless I am going to ship letter mail. Perhaps I should not do this although is there really any difference if 7 days is eBay's standard for shipping to Canada when from Canada & listing on .ca? This definitely should be changed as there are always some unreasonable buyers out there who will take advantage of it.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply