Tracking Trouble

Im having trouble with the Ebay site and wonder if anyone knows a solution?

In the past couple days we've shipped about 25 tracked items.  For each one we generate a shipping label directly with Canada Post then upload the tracking.  First we send the number to paypal then to ebay by clicking "add tracking".

Today, about half of this weeks shipments are showing shipped but have no tracking number listed.  It still has the prompt to add tracking.  When I click that, it goes to the normal screen but already has the tracking number and carrier entered.  I click save again, but still the item shows no tracking information and has the prompt to add some.

I've been on the phone with ebay for a while, but they aren't sure why it happens either. 

The system seems to know we shipped it - but the only way we told it that was by adding the tracking number that it doesn't have - until we try it add it again and it magically finds it only to lose it again.

Ideas?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Tracking Trouble

Sorry I don't have any suggestions on how to fix that or why it is doing that.

Do you use the CP website to do your labels because you are a commercial customer? If you just have a small business number and you used  Shippo or Paypal you wouldn't have to worry about uploading your tracking, it would be done automatically.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Tracking Trouble

For some reason I have it in my head that eBay does a bunch of updates on non-time sensitive information on Thursdays.

I may be delusional.

That being said, the purpose of tracking is to protect sellers from false claims of non-delivery.
If you have such a claim, you can use the number to prove that the item has been delivered.

Everything else is just for the warm fuzzies.

You don't need to track to qualify for Top Rated Seller (Global).

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Tracking Trouble

Is this still occurring or did it self-correct? 

If you go to PayPal and enter those tracking numbers, do they stick?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Tracking Trouble

They stick in Paypal just fine.

The problem is still happening on Ebay itself.  Eventually Ebay found that if you use the older view of sold items, then go to order details... it still shows no tracking number.  But if you click tracking anyway... it suddenly knows the number and displays the tracking information.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Tracking Trouble

Old view?
Message 6 of 6
latest reply