URGENT! Canada Post changes are not allowing international buyers to purchase!

THIS IS AN URGENT MATTER AND I URGE ALL SELLERS TO SHARE THIS!  It is not only US based buyers it is also any buyers outside of Canada.  Canada post recently changed their shipping information requirements in the last couple of days.  They now require a phone number to ship internationally.  As we know most buyers do not have their phone number attached to their shipping information.  When a buyer tries to purchase or make an offer it tells the buyer that the seller does not ship to the buyers address!  The problem is Canada Post is flagging the shipping address as being incomplete.  I am currently on hold with Canada Post but I think I ma the first to call as no one seems to know.  I suggest we all call, message and post to Canada Post, Ebay Canada, Ebay and PayPal.  This is killing our sales!

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Canada Post has been contacted but cannot do anything until ebay/PayPal contact them.

So this is a Paypal requirement, not Canada Post.

Because if it were a Canada Post problem, Paypal would be irrelevant, and all Canada Post labels would require a number.

It is required now by Canada post.  All services require it, any international shipments regardless of service.

Even Light Packet?
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@bright_future15 wrote:

To enter your phone number or some other random number only solves the shipping problem.  The problem is bigger than that.

Canada Post now requires a phone number to be included on a mailing address.  A buyer located outside of  Canada that does not have a phone number connected to their mailing address is unable to purchase form a Canadian seller.  When the address goes from Ebay to PayPal and is checked with Canada Post an error message is sent back.  The error states that "Seller does not ship to your location".  It is a generic message and happens due to the shipping address being "incomplete".  The same message would happen if a incorrect postal or zip code is entered.  

We are losing sales right now and because of this why would a buyer come back tomorrow and try again?  This would also be across all platforms using PayPal for their shipping.

How do you know for sure that the "seller does not ship to your location" message is given because there is no phone number?   

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

In your site preferences - shipping preferences do you have checked off that you require a phone number?  If so, unchecking that might solve the problem at the time of purchase and you could use your own phone number for the shipping label.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

The issue is in the dimensions of the product.

Since it calculates with Post Canada, there is a Minimum and Maximum size and weight that is authorized in each service they offer. If you sell worldwide, The USA and international shipping dimensions and sizes requirements are a bit different as well. Try changing the weight for something in between every requirement to make sure it calculates properly. If it doesn't fit in the required size then I suggest that you create a different shipping policy with a flat cost that should cover all areas or a different flat cost for every location. I know it would take longer to prepare, but it would solve this big issue.

See dimensions here:

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGletterml-e.asp#1392028

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGpsus_int-e.asp#1389564

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGpscanada-f.asp#1404851

I had the same problems that you guys have and I was able to solve it that way.

I hope it works for you!

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

I don't print my shipping labels, I go to CP. I also ship Canada, US and International and all the various services. Last week I asked the manager about this required phone #, had no idea what I was talking about, again yesterday asked and same response . I can only "assume" that it is a requirement if you are printing your own shipping labels. If it is truly a CP requirement then I would think wether online or in person it would be necessary and the manager would know to check all in person packages for this with you. Just my thoughts.
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

izzame

If you are not printing shipping labels at home, you are leaving money on the table.

EBay sellers get discounts between 5% and 18% on some parcel services when they use PP shipping labels.

In addition, your customer is given notice that their purchase has been sent and the tracking number.

Canada Post's Small Business Solutions does give counter customers a 5% discount on some services.

And of course, you can buy mint postage lots here on eBay at discounts of 25% or more. <<cough cough>>.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

go to 

Site Preferences  and proceed to ...Selling Preferences > then Shipping Preferences  and 

finally

Require phone number for shipping

Check off ...  Yes  and ...Apply.....

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

go to 

Site Preferences  and proceed to ...Selling Preferences > then Shipping Preferences  and 

finally

Require phone number for shipping

Check off ...  Yes  and ...Apply.....

Mine is (and always was) unchecked, but what's the problem? We discussed that already in another post. Since it happened, I printed more than 100 labels, writing "0000000000" in the phone number field.  No problem whatsoever....

Message 28 of 28
latest reply