Unable to add new listings to promoted listing campaigns on .ca?

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or knows why. I am doing some new listings & wanted to add them to an existing promotional campaign that I had recently set up (does not expire till Mar 4th). I click all the info on the listing & it lists the item then gives me a message at the top saying they" cannot promote my item at this time". I can do it on the .com site but not the .ca site. Anyone have any insight into this. I was able to created the campaign without issue.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I have been having the same problem for about a week now.

Sometimes, I try late in the evening to revise and add the promotion and it works but not always. 

Sigh.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I also have been getting the same error message which disallows me adding new listings to existing Promotions.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Well I guess it is not just me then but do wonder why.  Thanks for the replies. Hopefully they will get whatever fixed as this is a lot handier than setting up a new campaign each time.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

This is an ongoing problem for many months. I have mentioned it before but it has never been fixed. When I try to add new listings to an ongoing promotion, my error message says that you have to have a store subscription to proceed. That doesn't make any sense because I am doing the mark down promotions through my store.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I tried to list a few tonight and it was unable to do so. Just another glitch to add to the ever growing list.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

That’s not the error message I get when I’m prevented from proceeding. Interesting. Also, my problem with this only began about two weeks ago. As far as I can recall, I was still adding items one-at-a-time to existing promotions.

Not Markdowns but Pronoted Listings. Are yours markdowns?
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I think we’re all talking about Promoted Listings but I wanted to doublecheck.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Yes, promoted listings.  Not working.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yes talking about promoted listings & I am pretty sure I was able to do this on .ca last month also.  Still tonight again get that same message "cannot promote your item at this time". .com works just fine it is only .ca with the problem. Wish they would fix this glitch. They are always so busy changing things they don't have to but don't fix the things they should.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Yes, it was a nice feature.

I’d often do it through the listing form when relisting a Sold item: add to an existing promoted listings promotion or start a new one. Can’t anymore.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I have experienced the same problem. I have called eBay support and was told that it was "bug". I believe that customer support is lying.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

It's no big deal, to me, because while I have a couple of dozen promoted listings, I have yet to see a sale as a result.

At least I'm getting what I pay for them.

I got a share in this job. Ten percent of nothing is—let me do the math here. Nothing into nothin’. Carry the nothin’…-- Jayne Cobb

Message 13 of 13
latest reply