Unpaid item question

After 4 days, if I have not received payment, or had any contact with the buyer, am I allowed to sell the item to the next highest bidder? Or do I have to go through the Resolution Centre and give them an additional 4 days to pay?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Unpaid item question

I am sorry to read your buyer has not yet paid for an item purchased two (2) days ago.

You should follow the procedure suggested by eBay:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Patience.  Your item sold late on Saturday, April 9th.  That is not even two days ago (less than 48 hours).

Patience.

Did you send the buyer an invoice?  Many buyers wait until they get the invoice from the seller to initiate payment.and not everyone pays the very next day.

Patience.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Unpaid item question

If your non-payer suddenly does pay after you have shipped the item to buyer #2?

Send the buyer a polite note reminding him that he has not paid and that you accept Paypal which is instant and free to the buyer.

Wait 24 hours (which is why I send that note on Day Three) and then file an Unpaid Item Dispute.

You can close the Dispute 96 hours later and now the transaction is over and you get your selling fees back.

And add that bidder to your Blocked Bidder List.

You can also set your Seller Preferences to automatically Block bidders with UID Strikes.

Not every sale will go perfectly. And some buyers are less 'deadbeat' than just slow to pay.

You can set up an option to automatically open Unpaid Item Claims after a set period.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Unpaid item question

"Send the buyer a polite note reminding him that he has not paid"

???

Less than two days.  It is too early for a reminder.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Unpaid item question

As a new seller, you are taking very large risks selling expensive items.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Unpaid item question

@pierrelebel wrote:

"Send the buyer a polite note reminding him that he has not paid"

???

Less than two days.  It is too early for a reminder.

I am sure femmefan did not mean to say that the reminder must be sent immediately.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Unpaid item question

Alex, please.

Femmefan and I have known each other for a very long time, most likely before you were born.  Her husband and I have done business together for over thirty years.

There is no point in you intervening in our conversation.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Unpaid item question

Thanks for your response.

I have sent an invoice, as well as a polite note.

I don't mind waiting for payment -  I just want to be prepared and ensure that I follow proper protocol should I offer a second chance to someone else. The next highest bidder is someone who has been in contact with me while the auction was happening.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply