What Happened to Ebay Canada.

Ebay.ca is not working properly. I am on ebay.ca and when I select Coins and Paper money the site switches from Ebay.ca to Ebay.com now all the prices are in US. This does not work for me. I need the prices in Canadian like it used to be. How do I stay in Ebay.ca where it used to stay. If it is Ebay.ca you have the option to select Canada only. The US site does not have this option. Also you knew you where on the Ebay.ca site for in the left corner it would say Ebay.ca. Now it says Ebay as if you are on the US Site. I am not happy with this. Now searching becomes more difficult. With prices in US I have no idea if it a good price or not. This means that Ebay Canada no longer exists.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Are you using the horrible Simplified Sell Your Item form?

You can change that to the much better Advanced/Business SYI form from a link at the top left of the bad one.

Are you enrolled in the new Managed Payments program or still with Paypal? Managed Payments doesn't allow for the sale of coins or bullion (yet, eBay is saying "Real Soon Now".)

The URL should say ebay.ca for Canada right at the top of the page.

I've had problems with the site switching from one ID to another when I change sites, and it is annoying. But not changing sites.

You can include Canada in shipping if you are on the USA site, just as you can include USA in shipping if you are on the Canada site, but that is not your problem.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@1978magnum 

Try this link:

https://www.ebay.ca/b/Coins-Paper-Money/11116/bn_1857806

Seems like when you pick the category from the Home Page it gets redirected to .com

All I did was change the URL to .ca, bookmark that instead of going from the main category list. Probably just a temporary glitch that is the cause.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply