What happens when paying ebay fees after March 31st and we can no longer list on US.com?

What happens after March 31st when we can no longer list on US.com when paying ebay fees. Are we paying our fees in US dollars which would be about 30 cents more on every dollar or are we paying our fees in CDN dollar. Does anybody know? I have a feeling I know the answer but double checking.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What happens when paying ebay fees after March 31st and we can no longer list on US.com?

Canadians can list on eBay.ca and on eBay.com, you just can't list on .com in Cdn dollars, you have to list in US dollars.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Where did you read that you can no longer list on .com after March 31?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

April 1st is the day after March 31 (also known as April Fools Day)

eBay fees for listings in US$ are in US$ and eBay fees for listings in Canadian$ are in Canadian$.

This has been true for years.

Right now the listing fees are discounted for eBay.ca because the same numeric value is used for both .ca and .com listings and the exchange rate is in our side.  Ten years ago eBay listing fees for ,ca were higher than .com to make up for the exchange difference.

Since Final Value Fees are a percentage there is no exchange rate influence.

As a seller you have the choice (and can switch once a year) to have eBay fees in US$ or Cdn$ on your monthly invoice. eBay exchanges the fees to the currency you use. Exchange rate is based on the day the listing was put up.

-..-

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

A rep from ebay told me this about 2-3 weeks ago when I called in for something else.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Why would a rep from ebay tell me we can no longer list on ebay.com after March 31st. We will have to use that tool (whatever its called, can't remember) or it will be done automatically after that date.  Is that not so. That's why I was asking this question.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

As we have pieced it together over the years, candidates for eBay customer service jobs are given IQ tests and an examination on eBay policies and standards.

If they fail both tests, they get the job.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

While you can list on any site anywhere in the world from your desk in Canada, you must list in the currency of that site.

For Canada that is loonies. For Germany , euros. For the US, American dollars. Etc.

When you list on a site other than eBayCANADA from Canada, you must ship using Flat Rate from Internationl Shipping section.

If you are shipping to the USA from Canada and making your listing on eBayCOM, use Shipping from outside the USA.

And for Canada scroll down to the International Shipping section below the FedEx choices.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

So you mean I was fed a load of **bleep**. Nice to know. I like to sell in both currency as I also like to have some US currency in my account in case I decide to buy something from the US. Otherwise its too expensive to shop there right now. Between the currency, the GSP and the sellers that overcharge on shipping shopping in US no longer an option. Thanks for all the input. So its not happening.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Okay thanks for helping me out with the shipping part. I found it a bit complicated. It wasn't really my question but this is helpful to me nevertheless.

I was told by an ebay rep that us canadians would not be able to list on ebay.com as of March 31st. And if so, how are our fees to be paid. But by the sound of the answers I was fed a load of can't say the word or it bleeps it out.

You would think they would have announced in big letters if that was the case or advising us and nothing to that effect so he was probably misinformed????

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Canadians can list on eBay.ca and on eBay.com, you just can't list on .com in Cdn dollars, you have to list in US dollars.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

As we have pieced it together over the years, candidates for eBay customer service jobs are given IQ tests and an examination on eBay policies and standards.

If they fail both tests, they get the job.

What about the people asking the questions? How many times have people come to this board (any board really) who can't even put together a one sentence question that isn't so vague as to be almost useless?

You get a badly formed question, when the question is not clear the answer may not be on topic and then the recipient of the answer misunderstands the answer which they then repeat to someone else who further misunderstands but passes the info along as "I've heard..." or "I've been told...." or as The Donald would say "I saw it on Fox News....".

Odds are the OP's question or at least the way it was interpreted was "can I list in US Dollars" to which for a Canadian asking the question the answer would be "no".

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You can only list in CAD on eBay.ca
You can only list in USD on eBay.com

You can list on both sites. Just go to respective sites when you're listing.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thank you. I was given the wrong information  by an ebay rep about 3-4 weeks ago. Was told that after March 31st we meaning canadian sellers would no longer be able to list on ebay.com only on ebay.ca. And that the migrating tool would convert all our US listings to Canadian listing.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

That rep should be reported to their supervisor for spreading misinformation. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Obviously, they had USD confused with ebay.com and the ebay.ca discontinuation. Still, they are the ones who are supposed to be in the position to know.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply