Where do you create listings? .. being asked when signing up for MP

What does this question mean and what are the implications.  The FAQs are not very useful, doesn't really explain what it means and what am I gaining with one over the other option.

Is this related to Cross Border Trading?

https://pages.ebay.ca/useragreement/globalCBT/globalCBTAgreement.html

where do you create listings question.png .png

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Where do you create listings? .. being asked when signing up for MP

I called ebay one more time. The support person was pretty knowledgeable this time if I am listing items on .CA ebay calculates standard shipping times regardless of where my account is registered either .COM or .CA.

If I am listing on .COM, same thing, ebay calculates the standad shipping times based  on my Canadian location. Again, the times are same whether my account is registered on .COM or .CA.

I was told there is no performance penatly.

Then I asked to be transferred to the shipping department regarding cross border transactions.. The support person in shipping department told me there IS affect on shipping times. If I am registered on .COM or .CA and I am in both cases listing on .COM the standard shipping times are different and it will NOT take into consideration my location.

I was told there will be penalty in affect on performance.

This whole thing is a real mess.

However, since I started the Managed Payments process, I was told I have to complete it before I make other changes to the account such as:

- changing settings for cross border selling

- moving from .COM to .CA

What still puzzles me, if I am only listing .COM, but I DO ship internationally, what does it matter if I have do cross border selling enabled or not (if I don't plan to list items on .CA).

More questions than answers, every time I ask a question get a ddifferent answer from Ebay. Go figure.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply