Why are we getting penalized for the slow postal services?

Sorry to vent, but......

I do not appreciate ebay.ca penalizing us with the question "did your parcel arrive on time" in the feedback scoring. It is an Unfair question!

I have complained about this in the ebay surveys, but still has not changed.

I mail every day at 8:30 am, sometimes two and three times after that if an item is purchased before 11:00am to make sure, on my part it gets out fast, except weekends and holidays, as our post office is not open those days.

Most of my packages are mailed to the states light packet -  estimated at 7 to 11 business days. I can send it the day it is purchased, have it hit the mail truck before he leaves town at 11:00am, and still have it not delivered by the specified dates.

My Fault????? NO!

I should not be penalized for the Canada Post mail service, Canada and US Customs, then USPS.

Even when I send Tracked Packet to the states - estimated 7 business days.....pay all the extra cost, and it still takes two weeks????

My Fault? NO!

Even the Canadian packages don't arrive on time.

My Fault? NO!

When I purchase something on ebay, and leave feedback, I don't even answer the " did your package arrive before the specified dates" YES or NO?.....I feel sorry for the seller, as I am also one, because it is an unfair question and out of our control.

I am a power seller and top rated seller, 100% positive feedback, and don't want that jeopardized by slow postal services I have no control over after it leaves my hands.

Is anyone else with me on this?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Why are we getting penalized for the slow postal services?

@sylviebee wrote:

I would think that the days of tracked vs. untracked packages are close to an end.

It takes a second to scan and added charges for that simple swipe are not justifiable.

In the times we live in there is no excuse for charging extra for that service and there is also no excuse for not scanning each and every parcel in and out of the PO.

It shouldn't be optional.

It should be an integral part of the service.

For domestic services I completely agree. For international services it is a complicated issue as there are contractual issues with agreed upon rates for the services.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Both of Canada Post's domestic parcel services (Expedited & Xpresspost) come with tracking and for International to the countries where those services are available.

You want tracking for International? NO problem just be prepared to pay for it!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Joetriever,

You accuse Canada Post of losing packages. What evidence do you have to back up your accusation? Exactly how many of your packages do you think CP has lost? I'd be very interested to hear about your experiences, which I suspect are very different from mine.

Tom

Message 23 of 23
latest reply