Why do I keep getting an incorrect date?

Sold an item this morning and this date comes up, this keeps happening.

Date sold:    Jun 04, 2025

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I don't have an answer for you but I know you have posted about this a few times now, not sure why you seem to be alone in this bizarre mystery!! I will definitely let you know if it ever happens for me and please let us know if you ever find out why!! Hopefully it is a premonition of good things to come for you....sales still going strong into 2025!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@triber I wasn't really sure where you were seeing this but I have now discovered it is in the "You got paid" confirmation emails.

I can confirm that 50% of my sales have sometime in the futre in them, mostly May and June 2025. 

I can also confirm that it is ONLY .COM items for me that are wrong and ALL .COM items are wrong. All .CA items are correct. (I had a good weekend so far, 20 items sold, 10 to .COM all wrong, 10 to .CA all correct)

These are only informative emails, I don't really check the details in stuff, mine have also probably always been wrong same as yours.

I only keep an eye on whether the $$$ are showing up and coming out to me, I don't usually look at the emails in detail beyond the address, item number etc.

So you can rest easier that it is not just you.

devon@ebay more information to add to this, I can't remember if you've notified folks or not.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I'm seeing that since i started selling 2 years ago. Always been like that. Very often in my sold listings i have sales popping that i made weeks/months before. I'm sure i would take a look and find many. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

@triber I wasn't really sure where you were seeing this but I have now discovered it is in the "You got paid" confirmation emails.

I can confirm that 50% of my sales have sometime in the futre in them, mostly May and June 2025. 

I can also confirm that it is ONLY .COM items for me that are wrong and ALL .COM items are wrong. All .CA items are correct. (I had a good weekend so far, 20 items sold, 10 to .COM all wrong, 10 to .CA all correct)

These are only informative emails, I don't really check the details in stuff, mine have also probably always been wrong same as yours.

I only keep an eye on whether the $$$ are showing up and coming out to me, I don't usually look at the emails in detail beyond the address, item number etc.

So you can rest easier that it is not just you.

devon@ebay more information to add to this, I can't remember if you've notified folks or not.

Hi @ricarmic! I know that this issue had happened before and was reported resolved by some sellers but if this is still occuring I will be sure to get this over to the correct team so they can have another look into.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

devon@ebay  I know that it was still happening at 11:39 ET last night, haven't any .COM sales today so far.....

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

devon@ebay  I know that it was still happening at 11:39 ET last night, haven't any .COM sales today so far.....

@ricarmic Thank you for that. I am also going to have this reported on my end too so that way if there is any site-wide tickets opened I will make sure to come back and share it here for sellers to see. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Same here, just my .com sales, but honestly never noticed it before you and Triber mentioned it.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

It's always a relief to know that I am not the only one getting these. Thanks for letting me know.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply