Why is Ebay.ca promoting my items on Kijiji? I never posted on Kijiji.

Here I am on Kijiji looking at stuff.. what do I see in the section Im looking in.. The item I have up for sale on Ebay.ca..  to be sure I dont have it listed on kijiji.. I check my ads .Nothing.. . so what gives?? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

eBay owns Kijiji.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I seem to recall that Ebay was going to be cross posting listings from Ebay to Kijiji. Probably a good thing if it raises exposure to sellers and buyers.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@tictoctac66 wrote:

Here I am on Kijiji looking at stuff.. what do I see in the section Im looking in.. The item I have up for sale on Ebay.ca..  to be sure I dont have it listed on kijiji.. I check my ads .Nothing.. . so what gives?? 

Promoting eBay listings on kijiji was announced at the start of the year.

https://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/01/20/7943/

The potential buyer if interested has to go to eBay to purchase.

I like the idea. More eyes looking, perhaps some sales.

-..-

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Also good if it's an item you don't want to ship but have local pick-up only.  Something large, perhaps.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I also like the idea if it can bring more sales. I wish mine would show up. Maybe they do, I did not look. But seeing my sales dropped lately, even though I use every promotion tool available, I think they don't show up there.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

amcdc79
Community Member

I can understand ebay putting our items on Kijiji if we offer free pickup. I have no problem with that.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Is there a way of posting on Kijiji that references the Ebay items for sale? or is it in the hands of Ebay and they decide what to cross post.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I have several ads running on kijiji that show local people what I sell and then direct them to my ebay store for purchase, I've been doing this since 2012 with proven results. The ads are a bonus, I'm fully in favour of them. I don't sell stuff to people who simply show up on my doorstep, all sales must go through ebay checkout for everyone's safety and security. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

wrote:

Is there a way of posting on Kijiji that references the Ebay items for sale? or is it in the hands of Ebay and they decide what to cross post.

eBay picks them (out of a hat).........

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply