With a potential Postal Strike looming in July/16, ebay should give an extension on GTC listings

With a potential Post Strike looming in July/16, ebay should give Sellers an extension to Migrate their GTC listings to Sept-Oct/16. 

If Canada Post goes on strike in July/16, Sellers will have to either put their stores on "vacation" or "end their listings".

Also during the strike Sellers won't be able to use the time effectively and migrate their listings to ebay,ca or ebay.com.

Canadian Sellers will basically be in limbo for 2-4 weeks until the strike ends and postal service resumes normally....  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

With a potential Postal Strike looming in July/16, ebay should give an extension on GTC listings

"Also during the strike Sellers won't be able to use the time effectively and migrate their listings to ebay,ca or ebay.com."

???

In previous postal strikes, with the exception of sellers living near the US border or having access to a forwarder using USPS, Canadian sellers typically would close their eBay store (and/or end their listings) and use the down time to "improve" their listings and/or prepare new ones.

The change of policy making eBay.ca a single currency site has nothing to do with a possible postal strike. Sellers who wish to migrate their listings (from US$ to Cdn$ or from .ca to .com) can do so during the strike if they wish.  One has nothing to do with the other.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Of course they can migrate their listings, make changes and create new listings but with a Canada Post Strike, why would they?

It will be difficult to sell without paying outrageous postal fees through UPS, Couriers or driving down to the border and mailing their packages from the US, which will be a "huge" hassle......  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Why would they?

It is a time to look at your listings...  prepare lots and lots of new listings....

and do whatever is necessary  to continue selling on eBay after the strike is over.

With the last strike  I had 250 new listings to upload after 40 days of a strike...

--------------------------------------------------

Right now my store is on  vacation  and listings are being converted from US to Canadian dollars.

It is amazing what I have learned about my listings... working on them one-at-a-time

and lots of new listings to upload to eBay.

-------------------------------------------------

A postal strike is a time to relax and continue to make it happen... No parcels to prepare.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply