Your payment information is not available on international eBay sites. To view and update this infor

I am in Canada. I saw that I can list on .com and .ca.

I now have a sale going through on .com. When I go to add my payment info, this is the message I get:

Your payment information is not available on international eBay sites. To view and update this information, please go to Payments on the CA site.

If I get paid on the .com site - does it transfer to the .ca site? I do have my banking info set up on the .ca site.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your payment information is not available on international eBay sites. To view and update this infor

@deneck-6893 

The answer is YES.

Your payments are through your home (ie .CA) site whether they happen on .COM or .CA.

When you sell stuff, the .COM items will automagically be converted to $C and viewable on your PAYMENTS tab same as the .CA items. 

Given your payments are already set up on .CA there is nothing more you need to do!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@deneck-6893 wrote:

I am in Canada. I saw that I can list on .com and .ca.

I now have a sale going through on .com. When I go to add my payment info, this is the message I get:

Your payment information is not available on international eBay sites. To view and update this information, please go to Payments on the CA site.

If I get paid on the .com site - does it transfer to the .ca site? I do have my banking info set up on the .ca site.

It doesn't matter what site you list on, what matters is where you are registered.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@deneck-6893 

The answer is YES.

Your payments are through your home (ie .CA) site whether they happen on .COM or .CA.

When you sell stuff, the .COM items will automagically be converted to $C and viewable on your PAYMENTS tab same as the .CA items. 

Given your payments are already set up on .CA there is nothing more you need to do!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@deneck-6893 

Since you are a new seller,  I want to check that you are registered with Managed Payments.

Without that,eBay cannot transfer your money to your chequing account.

EBay stupidly does not warn new sellers about that.

You need a Canadian bank account. It must allow checking.

The account can be held in loonies or in USD, but once chosen that's it. One currency or the other.

You will also be asked for further ID. They can ask for your SIN,but you are never required to supply that. I used my passport and DH used his driving license.

There may be a secondary request for identification. The transfer of a small sum method does not work well between currencies.

The default for payment (and as a newbie your payments will be Held against customer satisfaction) is weekly on Tuesdays.

Think of it as a paycheque.

You can choose daily or monthly.  I think daily is preferred by busy sellers and monthly by occasional/hobby sellers who don't need the money and  find small transactions annoying.  YMMV.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply