another GOOD TILL CANCELLED RANT.. let it fall on deaf ears...

Compared to prior 31 days
Compared to same period a year ago
12.0%Down
You
>10.0%Down
Market
13.0%Down
You
>10.0%Up
Market
 so it has only been 9 days since, the true value of GTC can be calculated, as the items are now over 31 days old.. and auto-relisted.. But all i am hearing is crickets, the silver market had a huge gain in the last 4 days, and i have seen no impact from it.. why..??

My market on ebay is up, and i am down.???

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: another GOOD TILL CANCELLED RANT.. let it fall on deaf ears...

I want to thank you all for your time in helping me with my questions.

After watching a video on how this planet is run by the geopolitical folks and the aristocracy, the bottom line is that we 99% folks and the planet are screwed.

I give up!

As for eBay. It's all corporate bottom line, no big secret there. 

After almost 20 years of their growing pains and too many hours editing all my listings to stay current, it's time to retire.

Say what you will about Trudeau, but the Liberals know how to treat we seniors. 

The Conservatives had the seniors giving up their meals on wheels so they could stay warm.

Sure they had a balanced budget but at the cost of the sick, the poor and the seniors.

My check just went up $15. which is more then I cleared on eBay last month.

Would be nice if .ca had it's own CS but that is a bottom line issue with eBay so no help there.

My largest gripe over the GTC listings is the lose of freedom.  Slowly they whittle away at your choices until you wonder **bleep**?  Not exactly pre WW2 Germany, we do have world wide communications now. 

Got an empty box yesterday, time to fill it up and ship it off to charity.

I probably will keep the 50 free running on all 5 sites. More like a fire sale where I'm firing eBay.

No work involved once it's GTC. I might even sell something.

Good luck to you all.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@ypdc_dennis 

That was the explanation I received after chatting with several fine CS's. No ifs ands or buts. I lose. No discount!

-Lotz

You’re not losing out on the discount. You have global trs which means that you do receive the discount on all of your sales regardless of which site they were purchased on. 

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

This would be awesome in principle if it was happening but I've been working with several folks and it's not. I can review my invoice and nowhere is it clearly displayed that it is being applied to ALL sales for FVF's. For me I only qualify for Global 10 % discount which would be made up of Canada, a few random countries in Europe along with Australia. Please view previous related posts above in their entirety. 

-Lotz

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

This would be awesome in principle if it was happening but I've been working with several folks and it's not. I can review my invoice and nowhere is it clearly displayed that it is being applied to ALL sales for FVF's. For me I only qualify for Global 10 % discount which would be made up of Canada, a few random countries in Europe along with Australia. Please view previous related posts above in their entirety. 

-Lotz

The invoice doesn’t indicate which sales the discount is applied to but if you add up the fvf that you paid on all of your items (not on shipping) the discount shown should be 10% of that.  tyler@ebay   please confirm that global trs receives a discount on all sales.

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

Hi @pjcdn2005  - my information indicates that qualifying for Top Rated status on either globally or on .com will allow you access to the 10% discount. What is not clear to me is if the other Top Rated Plus requirements apply for .com listings to receive it (i.e. 30 day free returns required for discount).  I'm trying to get a conclusive answer on this and will loop back as I hear back. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 25 of 36
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

This is where the problem lies:

The invoice doesn’t indicate which sales the discount is applied to but if you add up the fvf that you paid on all of your items (not on shipping) the discount shown should be 10% of that.  tyler@ebay   please confirm that global trs receives a discount on all sales.

To be transparent the invoice/billing should show the math and which orders it IS being applied to. As noted above, dot com CS is under the impression things are identical on dot ca and that 30 day returns need to be included to qualify and it doesn't need to be documented in dot ca help- Just understood by dot ca sellers. (From 3 hours back and forth with CS)

-Lotz

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @pjcdn2005  - my information indicates that qualifying for Top Rated status on either globally or on .com will allow you access to the 10% discount. What is not clear to me is if the other Top Rated Plus requirements apply for .com listings to receive it (i.e. 30 day free returns required for discount).  I'm trying to get a conclusive answer on this and will loop back as I hear back. 🙂

My seller level is top rated on Global and US but not Top Rated Plus in the US. The discount is applied to all sales. 

Related

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

Thanks for the update @lotzofuniquegoodies. I don't have specifics on this as yet, but I will update the thread as I have them. 

I've gotten your input on the billing invoice changes you'd like to see brought over from .com passed on to the right folks, and I'm hoping we'll see something implemented in the future. Thanks!  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 36
latest reply

@the_d_consortium 

Would be nice if Canadians where playing on an even level as the Chinese.

Every time I open a Chinese listing, I check their feed back.

Sure they have a TRS as well as over a thousand negative feedbacks.

Primarily because the items never arrive.

Feedback is not used by eBay as a measure of member accounts.

One reason is that FB has never been been left for more than 40% of transactions-- and I suspect that more sellers leave FB than buyers.

And ratios.

A seller with 100 FB and 5 negs is at 95% and is not doing a good job.

A seller with 100,000 FB and 1,000 negs is at 99% is doing a reasonably good job.

Most of those FB were left by buyers who did not open an INR dispute when their cheap item did not arrive and did not get the refund they were owed.

If they had opened Disputes the seller would be out of business, because eBay does pay attention to Disputes.

Sellers complain that win or lose Disputes do affect their selling accounts.

Considering the number of Chinese sellers who have low prices, slow shipping, poor quality products and bad communication skills, most seem to be doing a decent job of filling a need and leaving their customers satisfied.

The trick is not to compete with them.

Sell at a fair price, ship quickly, have good to excellent products and communicate with your unhappy buyers.

Holt Renfrew does not compete with Dollarama.

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

Still, 1,000 negative feedback is a buyer beware issue. 

(The buyer sees a TRS seal and does not bother to check the score thinking all is good. )

Not what I would call doing business in a secure market place which is what eBay is promoting. 

This type of mistake does not reflect well on the rest of the sellers who go the distance to give their buyers a pleasant experience. 

I always check but maybe I should have checked product reviews too on those stamped 925 lobster claws that my magnet likes too much. Totally useless for the project I bought them for.

I'm all about higher end products. That is why my other store is called The Urbane Shove. 

This ID sells primarily craft supplies and items that do not fit into the categories of the other store.  Maybe I should say would sell? It is too depressing to do my Oct. books, it's all fees from Sept and one sale. (No way I'm including the expense from having to switch my ISP because my old one/Nexicom, over sold the area and was running game on me for 2 months to the tune of putting up a  mast I would not have needed if they had been honest with me.)

Finding items that one knows the Chinese don't have a handle on is hard. 

I do weigh out my stock before the photos. I have two scales to save energy from walking between the front office and the back door packing room.

So sad that Canada Post took away light packet to the States, that was the only deal that gave us minimal parody. 

Message 30 of 36
latest reply

Parity not parody.

But Canada Post services and rates could be thought of as a parody of other world postal services!
Message 31 of 36
latest reply

dot com CS is under the impression

Sigh.

DotCOM CS is under the impression that only the USA exists, that all buyers are absolutely honest when they open a Dispute, that all currencies are at par with the American dollar, that US laws apply everywhere in the world and that all 1-800 numbers will work no matter where on the planet you call from.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

Very sadly true to all your points. It's definitely important for anyone that calls the helpline to make sure from the beginning that they are selling on dot ca, if that is the case. I've even found help pages(by accident) on dot ca that direct you to dot com. Sometimes relevant, but not always.

-Lotz

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

I've always thought that Canada Post had signed a, "Non-compete" agreement with the rest of the world.

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

I keep two phones in the office since I refuse to own a cell phone.

A remote phone to dial the 800 number then press talk, and a land line to switch to in case I'm left on hold for too long and the battery drains on the remote phone. 

The land line only manages a few digits before a recording tells you to hang up.

Would be nice if we had our own 800 number to CS.com so that when we rang up, the agents would have been trained in our particular circumstances. 

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

@the_d_consortium wrote:

I've always thought that Canada Post had signed a, "Non-compete" agreement with the rest of the world.

What they do is sign here's a deal for $5 a package with major retailers then inflate the price of everything else for lower tier commercial customers down to retail. I'm exaggerating the amount a bit given some of the variances and what you can say about contracted rates, but said contract rates have a massive disparity for anyone they designate as a key account. International outgoing is inflated due to the large losses (claimed) on incoming international. Starting next summer we'll see how they rebalance things now that UPU has changed the rules on what members can self-declare. My guess is nothing will change on the small business/retail end given the additional challenges of our sparsely populated (not that you'd know it from residential zoning here) land mass. There is a reason why certain Dragons of the Den freak out when they find products that can ship via lettermail. So sad! 

Message 36 of 36
latest reply