another buyer asking for a refund request, before the time allowed.. ??

i sold a item on april 2, the delivery estimate is 18 business days, so in my world that would put it to at least , and the very least counting calendar days, the 20th of this month,  but they were able to open a case for item not received..today on the 18th..  how is this even possible.. in Canada we have 5 business days a week,  so that should put it at about the 26th, of the month,,  So why do i have a case opened before it should even be possible to do..

tyler@ebay   please help me out here.. item number is 223433492660

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

i have also logged into ebay .com, where it shows 17 business days,  so even if they went with calendar days, it would be the 19th, but we all have weekends, so why does this error, in delivery date estimates keep becoming a problem, the delivery estimate should be the same on both sites,

one show 18, one show 17 days, and both are business days not calendar days..???

And again why was a case allowed to be opened already..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Here I'll tag him properly for you! tyler@ebay

Hopefully he'll be able to figure it out for you soon, but given it's a loooong weekend (Good Friday + Easter Monday) he probably won't get to you till next Tuesday...
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Don't wait around for a deus ex machina.

Enter the tracking number in the Dispute. 

This will show that the item has been sent and where it is.

Good Friday and Easter Monday are not USPS postal holidays and USPS also has Saturday service. EBay is a US company and the Customer Service responses default to US norms.

On the other hand, the overseas service is in the Philippines which is as a strongly Catholic population, so there's that if you phone and get the overseas clerks.

EBay usually gives a window with an earliest and latest estimated delivery date.  What are those? Is the 20th the last date? 

These are to the minute, btw, so time zones can also come into the reckoning.

Just don't ignore the Dispute, respond.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

On .ca, if I enter a USA address with 90210 as the zip code, it gives me an "Estimated delivery within 9-13 business days" That being said, it is really not a lot. And really - really optimistic.

That is why nowadays, when I ship letter post, I never use that option in the drop down menu. I choose "Economy shipping". It gives a few more days for the item to arrive.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply