anyone had to deal with internation return labels?

I am at my end with Ebay and this stupid return shipping labels. (international)

I have a return where Ebay sent be the request and says to print a label to my USA customer. GREAT! How do I do that. Doesnt seem to be away in Canada.

Then I get another message ( which I can not respond to),

Your eBay Money Back Guarantee case

We allow 5 days for you and the buyer to agree on how to return the item. It's important to work together because, once the buyer returns the item, you’ll be required to cover the cost, whatever method is used. You can contact the buyer by clicking on their username in the Sold section of My eBay.

If no resolution has been reached by 5/31/15 we'll close the return in the buyer's favour, even if they haven’t returned the item.

There are a number of options for return shipping:

• Provide the buyer with a link to prepaid return shipping label (recommended). If you are not part of eBay’s Hassle-free Returns, you’ll find advice on the websites of all the major carriers on how to do this. (cant find a link anywhere)
  • Use PayPal’s Send Money option.
  • Issue a full refund without a return in the Resolution Center. Doing this will close the case immediately.

I explained to my customer that I cant do it , so please find out what postage is and send me a money request. The customer refuses because Ebay has told him that I must print him a label. What a farce this is. Another what could be a nice scam. How does Ebay at this time know what is taking place?

If Ebay says we need to print a shipping label then let us print a shipping label. Easy, no?

Anyone who has gone through this or has the answer, I would love to hear from you.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@recped wrote:

eBay subsidizing? That's rich!!!!!!

Of course they are not subsidizing anything, they are simply passing along a portion of the discount that Pitney-Bowes gives them which is just a portion of the discount that PB gets from Canada Post.

Neither eBay nor PB give ANYTHING away that they don't have to, unlike a lot of eBay sellers they are in business to make money not for "kicks".

Ok so I am a little gullible at times. lol

Any idea then why they took down access to Paypal/shipnow for Canada Post?

I think it was July 17th, PayPal/eBay spinoff day.

I'd love to know the details of the eBay / Pitney-Bowes deal. I was shocked in 2012 when they resigned the deal, thought for sure Stamps.com or Endicia would have offered a better arrangement. Perhaps PB's International operations gave them an advantage their competition couldn't match.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 41 of 46
latest reply

SAME !!????
Message 42 of 46
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2015

the problem with zombie threads is that the information in them is often out of date and incorrect.

This is the case in this thread.

Short answer.

SHIPPO.

If no one has written more, I'll expound on this when I finish feeding the ravening hordes.

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

Okay, that's done.

Since this zombie thread started, eBay has added Shippo to our choices for printing online shipping labels.

The others are Canada Post's SnapShip and of course Paypal.

Shippo allows us to print USPS labels which we can send as a pdf to our US  counterparts.

Like PP and SS, Shippo requires you to have a Canada Post Solutions for Small Business number which you can get at the PO or online. They used to send you a card, but as long as you can give your number at the counter, it will be accepted.

https://sso.epost.ca/sso/pfe/ui/registration?stepupId=smb_mode1,commercial_link,smb_link&templateId=...

You may already have this, but others read these posts.

The other thing you will need is the correct USPS rate.

Since you sent the parcel, I hope you know the dimensions and weight. And remember you will need tracking on this.

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

The cheapest tracked rate is found at -> Size and Shape-> Scroll to bottom of list-> First Class International Package.

@vvturc 

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

That’s wonderful they fixed the issue. The poor guy who opened the thread in 2015 seems like he took a huge loss. I hope he recovered
Message 45 of 46
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 46 of 46
latest reply