Forum Posts

Buyer Requested Cancellation of Order

As a Store Seller on Ebay.ca I feel that we pay subscription & final value fees which are acceptable.An issue that I have found with Cancelling an Order from a Buyer's Request is that Ebay does not refund the entire transaction to the Seller. The Buy...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

Payments on hold under new ID

I have been selling since 2002, I set up a new ID in 2018 and gave it up a few months later. I revisited it as I wanted to sell and be paid in Canadian Funds not US as I have under this ID. These listings are mostly for Cdn buyers. I sold a couple of...

on hold.jpg

Resolved! Shipping

Hi all, I have a question? I live in Canada and sold at item to someone in the USA ($137 with shipping). I SHIPPED it the same day to his Paypal address as I am supposed to do, I also uploaded Tracking info to eBay on the same day May 29th. On April ...

How to invoice for upgraded shipping under MP?

I have a buyer who would like to pay more for to upgrade the shipping. They have alread paid under MP so I need to invoice the additional amount. Is there a way to do this with MP? Now that the sale is completed and paid will they be able to message ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Buyer opened "Item Not Received" claim but I have shipping receipt - why did eBay refund them?

I was getting a lot of people contacting me about not having International Shipping, and then when I added it they complained it was too much money. So I offered a cheap shipping option and explicitly stated in my description that it did not include ...

Automatically Remove Items Already In A Sale

Hi there, I am creating 2 different sales. I created the first one and picked the items that I want in that sale and it is now live. I am now creating the second sale but I don't see where to exclude the items from the first sale. The only way I see ...

Resolved! Shipping

I've listed watch links which weighs 50g, and I choose 200g for total shipping weight. The problem is when the buyer choose 4 of them , the system calculates 4*200g =800g , so the total shipping cost from Canada to Europe jumps from 40 to 70 dollars....

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Registering for GST/HST...

I need to register for HST to start collecting it for the few Canadian sales I get, 95% are outside of Canada. One of the questions on the application is "Actual annual worldwide and domestic GST/HST taxable sales" followed by "Actual annual domestic...

Help. Buyer opened not received claim.

Hi their, I would like some advice on how to deal with buyers that submit a not received claim.Example, one I am currently dealing with. I am a seller in BC Canada and the buyer is in Thornbury England. The buyer has had the account since 2019 and ha...

Managed Payments & Shipping Lables

In Canada, just have been converted to Manage PaymentsI cannot use my pending payout to pay for shipping labels on the .com siteThere are telling me I need to ship from .ca now, I do all my shipping with from the .com site I can still buy the labels ...

International flat rate shipping not saving in ads

Anyone having this problem? I create a listing or revise a listing and put in flat rate shipping options and prices and when I check the sale after it's listed, all the intenational shipping charges are saying to contact seller for shipping prices. I...

HOW is it a buyer can leave multiple neutrals or negs for same transaction?

i mean i sold a guy about 40 cards, multiple lots all one single transaction. so how is he able to leave me like 10 plus neutrals even though only ONE card lot i didnt have? he should only be able to leave me 1 neutral or negative because he got the ...

Things you wish you knew before selling

I'm curious to know, after habving sold on eBay for awhile what are some of the things you wish you knew when you started that you know now? Just my curious brain wondering and I thought it would be a nice little break from the managed payments sucks...

your connection to this site is not private

I was trying to list something a few minutes ago and I decided to save it and do it later. This is what came up on my screen. I tried to get back and couldn't. Any one else having this issue?

not secure save.jpg

Resolved! Have you drainded all your funds in paypal? What happens when someone request refund after that?

Basically the subject says it all, and I want to transfer the remaining funds in paypal to my bank. The last transaction with paypal was made June 6, and paypal took another fees on July 15th which I think would be the last. I wonder what would happe...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Invitation For Online Interview Re: MP

Anyone else get this email (below)?Anyone else think the $100 gift card is a ploy to get you to do the 10 min survey? I wonder what the "study criteria" are???"We’re committed to providing you the best possible tools and services. Please help us unde...

Any Risk to Returns Not Requested Through Ebay

I was messaged with a return request from a buyer. I said ok and indicated that they need to open a request through Ebay. This morning they responed "I tried to use the return thread but it didn't work what is the return address?" I responded with a ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Multiple listings for the same item in different languages badly translated

I've noticed over the last year an increasing number of listings for the same item showing up from a few sellers that are in poorly translated multiple languages and sometimes currencies.What tool, or setting is being used for this? Is there a way to...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Something didn't look quite right about this customer's "damaged" card: BUYER FRAUD!

I recently had a customer try to defraud me with the good-ol' "damaged item" trick. Luckily I saw it (literally) from a mile away. So before I get into the fun part, here's a quick summary of the backstory: - International customer wins the auction f...

comparison1.jpg comparison2.jpg
Labels