combined shipping discount shows as refund

Hi Everyone,

Whenever I send a discount for combined shipping, it shows as a refund, as if my merchandise had been damaged or broken. Is there a way to list a shipping discount?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why would you think it looks as if you had discounted for damage, rather than out of the goodness of your heart?

Is there a specific message showing that you can share?

BTW- Have you looked at your listings on a smartphone? Your mobile customers are not seeing most of what you write.

I would like to suggest that you drop all of this as unnecessary, unenforceable or unfriendly.

A note about "Expedited" shipping. It sounds expensive but it is cheaper than Regular Mail in Canada, and it is as fast as "by Air" to the U.S., however, it is a more efficient method. As I understood from the post-office agent, Expedited is sorted and shipped first.

Canada's postal rates are much higher than the U.S.  As you can see, it often costs more to ship within Canada than to the U.S. There is nothing that I can do about this nor can I control delivery time. If the shipping cost is an issue, please don't bid. If you are in a hurry, please ask for Priority mail which is expensive but the time is guaranteed. Sellers need 5-star feedback to survive. I take excellent care of what I can control: description, packing, and time shipped. Please don't mark down my feedback score for the post office's rates or delivery times. Thanks! 🙂

My aim is to have happy, return customers. If there is a problem, please contact me about it before you give feedback. Let's happily trade 5-Star feedback!

My items are carefully wrapped to keep them as safe as possible during shipping. I am always happy to combine shipping, if possible, to save money for you.

Because I work full-time I ship once or twice a week, but I will send an e-mail to you when I mail your package so that you have an idea of when it will arrive.   Your shipping address must be ebay confirmed or it cannot be tracked.

The part about tracking is just plain wrong. Tracking depends on the service you purchase, and has nothing to do with eBay.

I have no idea what is going on with the font sizes there.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

hlmacdon
Community Member

@winddancersfancy wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Whenever I send a discount for combined shipping, it shows as a refund, as if my merchandise had been damaged or broken. Is there a way to list a shipping discount?

No. It shows as a refund because that is what it is, a partial refund of the amounts given. If you are worried about your buyer misconstruing it send them a message thanking them for their purchase and that you have sent a combined shipping refund. Neither ebay nor paypal care about how it shows or that you partially refunded anything. In your paypal refund comment you can denote it is a combined shipping refund. You can setup combined shipping discount rules or promo shipping rules to cap combined shipping costs, but given the variety of sizing on the items you sell and the cubing factor on packages and the related costs that probably would not be an ideal solution here.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply