eBay Needs To Change The Times For Non Paying Bidders

I am getting sick of the amount of Non Paying Bidders lately. They should not be given more than 2 days to pay & then we sellers should be able to open a case against them right away. And then if they don't pay within another 2 days we should be able to close the case & get our fees back. The way it is now gives the buyer 4 days to pay before we can open a case & another 4 days for them to pay after the case is opened.  8 days is ridiculous. 4 days would be plenty. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I guess it's because it's seven Strikes from one seller.

Just as FB from a single transaction is only recorded once. 

There may be seven sales and seven FB, but these only count as one in the numerical and percentage ratings.

Thinking of worst case scenarios, an angry buyer could leave seven negs for the seller and poison the account, even if only one item was disappointing.

But that's just a guess.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

You may be right on that. I think they could be counting the 7 unpaid strikes as 1.  I noticed the person is still buying large amounts left & right with no recourse.  Makes me angry. I ended up reporting the buyer 7 times, once for each lot of items they never paid for.  Wonder if that will only count as 1 report also.  I wish the Report A Buyer had more choices to pick from, as my complaint was not addressed properly there.  I just picked the closest reason for my complaint. Will see if anything results from it.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Unless the sellers have opted to Block any bids or purchases from customers with Strikes, the deadbeat can continue buying.

In the same way, buyers who do not follow up unsatisfactory transactions with Disputes are not doing other members (buyers or sellers) any favours.

Feedback nowadays just confuses the issue, since some members think it is a method of disciplining another member.

I have heard "three Strikes you're out" mooted, but nothing from eBay confirming that. In any case, if your deadbeat's seven Strikes only count as one, getting two more or ten more may never happen.

The other possiblity, and one that would be more attractive to eBay's beancounters, would be to refuse the Money Back Guarantee to deadbeats  with "too many" losses.

The deadbeat can keep on buying, as long as he doesn't try to make a Claim through eBay.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply