ebay blocking Israel and Switzerland?

evi9999
Community Member

Who is the idiot at ebay dot ca that is in charge of blocking countries for no reason? We regularly ship to Israel and Switzerland with sales from the other platforms we sell on but are prevented from selling to these 2 countries on here. These 2 countries are not on the Canada Post no ship list.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes it started over a month ago....

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Why-is-eBay-adding-shipping-exclusuions-to-my-listings/t...

I've had a turn away a couple of customers, explanations from eBay are contradictory but all of them fail to explain who made the decisions and why.

There is a different but longer list that has been applied to all .com listings, it doesn't match the USPS list either.

I expect that long after things have sufficiently opened up we will still be trying to get these exclusions removed.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

This is ridiculous. Maybe can help here.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

This is ridiculous. Maybe can help here.

Nope! Tyler, nice fellow, very helpful except when he is required to repeat the talking points the higher ups give him.

I'm not too worried at the moment but I expect that 6 months from now when postal services have returned to normal (yes I know, some on the list have never had a service interruption) we will still be trying to get eBay to removes those exclusions.

Between Tyler and the US reps I've been fed 5 different stories on why this has happened, none of them make any sense and several are simply misinformation (aka "lies").

A similar thing happened about 15 years ago, a small number of countries (Russia & Hong Kong primarily) were added to seller exclusion lists (if they even had one). That time the exclusions only showed up in a couple of categories, Books , Records & CD's, it took over a year to get eBay to remove the blocks and throughout all that time they denied the blocks existed followed by USPS blocked those countries (also not true).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply