Forum Posts

I am having a dilemma about shipping cost and wondering if you can offer me some advice?

I sell CD's and use chit chat for US and international. Prior to the Jan increase in rates, I was using first class to ship my CD's throughout the US. It cost about $5.75 CDN including all the fees and it would get there in about 4 days. First class ...

Resolved! PayPal Notifucations

I sold an item today & received notice of the sale from eBay. When I look at my sold items in eBay under the $ sign it has an hourglass which I thought meant it was an echeck. The order details page shows as paid by Paypal. When I go to my PayPal acc...

Advanced Selling Tools for Mobile

Are the advanced selling tools available for mobile apps? Asking for a very occasional seller who is not familiar with all the ins and outs of eBay. I sell on a PC so also not familiar. They were hoping to add Flat Rate shipping on dot com to their l...

Alternative to fixed price 30 days fixed duration?

Hey guys! I have about 5,000 fixed price listings with a 30 days duration. At the end of every month, all listings end and I relist them with updated description (if anything changed in the month) and quantity. I sell on multiple platforms and this i...

Resolved! GTC added to listing format

Hello , I have 2 different formats for listing , meansI'll be charge 2 times per listing and again two times for relisting when it ends ! As GTC started why do we have 2 listing Formats ? We MUST use GTC and we MUST pay two times for one listing , th...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 17 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Shipping to a forwarding agent

Hello, I am a fairly new seller on Ebay and I recently received a message from a potential buyer based in Australia ( I don't ship to Australia). He was wondering if I would ship to his forwarding agent in Portland Oregon. I am wondering if I should ...

Shipping Rate Tables

Could someone tell me how the new Shipping Rate Tables could be put to good use. I don't seem to get it If I ship via Letter Mail the cost is the same everywhere in CanadaIf I ship via Expedited Parcel the cost is Calculated for the different rates w...

eBay shipping

I have been an occasional eBay user for over 10 years. I prefer to buy using "Buy it now" just to avoid all the **bleep**/excitement of the auction format.I recently sold an item and the effort to try to ship it was not worth it. I doubt if I will co...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal - Underpaid Postage Function Appears to be Fixed

In case anyone cares LOL, I spoke to a PayPal CSR yesterday and he said he would report my problem to their technicians (I was unable to pay postage due and, therefore, unable to create a new label). This afternoon, when I logged on to my label page,...

• 10 replies
  • 2 helpful

New Store Types?

Hi All, Whatever happened to the new store types ebay was planning to roll out last fall? I can't seem to find any information on them. Thanks

eBay and the seller don't answer.

Hello, I opened a request since 14/02/2019 and I didn’t recieve any answer or any help with eBay until now, about a full refund as compensation of an item So, I want a solution to that. Best Regards,

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Australia buyers getting GST added.

Ebay told us it was coming and this is my first Australian sale since July 1/18. This is how it shows. This buyer has bought from me before in May. I get about 2-3 buyers a month from Australia, so I hope this won't stop them from buying. Does anyone...

australia gst.jpg

Today's bug....leaving feedback is not taking/working....

I discovered that all the feedback today that I left has not taken. I tried reapplying it tonight, one took the rest did not. It does not tell you "you've already left feedback" if one repeatedly leaves it.... I'll check tomorrow to see if it takes o...

• 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

Canada Post website upgrades Feb 9 and 10

Various Canada Post website services will be unavailable, Saturday evening to Sunday morning.https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/announcements/details.page?article=2019/02/06/outage_details

Correction to Update: Please read

Hi everyone - If you haven't seen the announcement board post as yet, it's here for your review. Please keep an eye on that board for any further updates, or your eBay Message center for additional details. If you have additional questions regarding ...

• 0 replies
  • 2 helpful

Charging canadian sales tax

Hello,I've been trying to set up my sales tax, for some reason ebay has never charged any for my Canadian buyers. I have my tax number on my account and the tax table properly set up. I called ebay today and they couldn't figure out why it wasn't wor...

Can I Send a Letter Tracked Packet?

I need to send an expensive paper item in a rigid photo mailer and would like to have it tracked. The 2 options are Expresspost ($28) or tracked Packet ($14). That's quite a difference! Can I send the rigid photo mailer envelope Tracked Packet? Tha n...

Resolved! Unpaid Item - Buyer Sends a Message to Cancel Transaction

A day before I can open an unpaid item dispute, my buyer sends me a message asking me to cancel the transaction. If I cancel the transaction, is there still a risk she can leave negative feedback? Do I get my seller fees back? Is it safer just to wai...

ebay tracking

I have heard of fast delivery of items but if what ebay.ca is showing me right now is true I have beaten the Record for time arrived at destination Sold a item to Philadelphia PA yesterday. Took it to a Canada Pot Substation at 1:05 PM today. Canada ...

Shipping Supply Coupons Here

Received my shipping supply coupon just now with a link to the new Canada-only store. Used it and then noticed the store has received some harsh feedback since establishing in November. My stuff has never arrived mangled that I can recall.

• 27 replies
  • 0 helpful

About Returns

I'm curious: a while ago there was a post about returns and the buyer hadn't opened a case. Sellers seemed to prefer it that way but my feelings are that I'd prefer if the buyer opened the case and proceeded by the book. When the buyer isn't requesti...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels