had a friend send a penny so i could use paypal shipping

as the title states, but no option for label to come up.. does it have to be more than a penny as paypal took the penny away for service fee?  any other way to make a blank shipping label for paypal these days? One thing that did come up in the transaction details stated We have no shipping address on file. thanks 

Sent from my Ipod Shuffle
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: had a friend send a penny so i could use paypal shipping

As I understand this eBay announcement a couple of weeks ago, only eBay sales have shipping labels available.

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/01/16/7939/

The announcement was discussed here briefly.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Canada-Post-Shipping-Labels-Announcement/m-p/363174#U3631...

So the trick of having someone send you a 1 cent transaction most likely will not work any more.

Perhaps someone else can confirm this.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Are you looking at the transaction as per Classic View?

If memory serves, you won't see a Shipping option unless you do with that type of paypal transaction. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

As poco mentioned eBay announced that labels couldn't be printed directly through papypal anymore but I have been doing mine like that on PP without any problems.   I did do a non eBay label through PP before they announced the change but perhaps it is no longer possible.  But if you were sent the money through the friends and family link, that could be the problem as I think the morey has to be sent as funds for goods or services in order for a shipping link to show up.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@productaxi wrote:

as the title states, but no option for label to come up.. does it have to be more than a penny as paypal took the penny away for service fee?  any other way to make a blank shipping label for paypal these days? One thing that did come up in the transaction details stated We have no shipping address on file. thanks 

Before the recent eBay changes a purchase payment got you the shipping option, if personal-payment it had no shipping option. I haven't sent a paypal invoice since the mid-January change, so don't know if it is still possible to buy shipping except through eBay.

An alternative is to get a free Solutions for Small Business card and buy the label online at the Canada Post website (credit card required), some small discounts are available versus over-the-counter rates.

The payment types for a purchase are:

• Services: to pay for things like your internet service.
  • Goods: to pay for non-eBay goods.
  • eBay Items: to pay for your eBay purchases.

The payment types for a personal payment are:

• Gift: to send money as a gift, like for a birthday.
  • Payment Owed: to pay your friend back for your share of a dinner bill, or other item that your friend paid for you.
  • Living Expense: to pay for things like rent or utilities.
  • Other: for other reasons that are not a purchase of good or services.

From: http://www.paypal.com/ca/selfhelp/article/what-are-the-payment-types-when-i-send-money-faq638

-..-

Message 5 of 5
latest reply