have $34.99 not received but no sale and no bid

Hi,

I have a $34.99 not received amount, but no bids and no sale. What does this mean?

Firesky

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Because when you refund any one item more than half of its value, eBay registers it as you were not paid at all. In a case like this, you'd be better to refund postage paid on the other three. Or refund postage completely on two, and issue a partial refund on the third.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

That way, you can also call eBay to ask for final value fees on shipping back fr two of your items, like the ones where postage paid was completely refunded because they shipped free with the other two.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Just mark it was paid.it won't affect anything. Partial refunds can show up as unpaid items.

It is more work but probably better to spread out the discount over all of the transactions rather than do it all on one transaction. Then if there is a return of one lot you aren't returning the full amount....just the amount that was paid after the discount.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Can you do a screenshot? I don't understand the question you are posing. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It probably just means that ebay's message system is experiencing a hiccup.

The solution is likely to just wait and something will show itself shortly.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi,

I finally figured out what happened, but I don't know why...

I sold four lots to one buyer who paid for each lot individually, so I calculated the combined shipping and put the overpaid amount as a refund on one lot.

This is strange: the lot amount was $34.99 plus shipping, and I refunded $20.02. So far, so good, however, it is now showing as the $34.99 not having been received at all.

What's up with that?

Carole

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Because when you refund any one item more than half of its value, eBay registers it as you were not paid at all. In a case like this, you'd be better to refund postage paid on the other three. Or refund postage completely on two, and issue a partial refund on the third.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

That way, you can also call eBay to ask for final value fees on shipping back fr two of your items, like the ones where postage paid was completely refunded because they shipped free with the other two.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Just mark it was paid.it won't affect anything. Partial refunds can show up as unpaid items.

It is more work but probably better to spread out the discount over all of the transactions rather than do it all on one transaction. Then if there is a return of one lot you aren't returning the full amount....just the amount that was paid after the discount.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply