how to set-up Canada post on our selling page

Hi !

I'm Canadian , have a E-Bay account with all my info as a Canadian , I try to come back to selling , but seems that I cannot set-up any Canada post for shipping , the only shippers option are from US .

always have an error message

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.
  • Shipping cost - Shipping cost cannot be calculated when the item is located outside the US. Use flat rate shipping.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Are you listing on eBay.com or on eBay.ca?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@chickpocks wrote:
I'm Canadian , have a E-Bay account with all my info as a Canadian , I try to come back to selling , but seems that I cannot set-up any Canada post for shipping , the only shippers option are from US .

always have an error message

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.
  • Shipping cost - Shipping cost cannot be calculated when the item is located outside the US. Use flat rate shipping.

To use calculated shipping with Canada Post you must list on ebay.CA in Canadian $ -- the USA site eBay.COM is set up to work with the US Postal Service.

As a Canadian you can list on many of the eBay sites around the world but only www.ebay.ca and www.cafr.ebay.ca have Canada Post as a specific shipping choice.

-..-

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You are probably using the incorrect Canada Post service for the USA.

I notice for overseas locations you are offering International Surface Parcel. You are in treading on very dangerous waters with that. At this time of year delivery would like take as much as two months possible even longer to some locations. Buyer will not wait that long especially as there are limits of the time they would be covered by eBay's buyer protection.

Also I notice you have a very high BIN on that truck given you have a 99 cent start price. I'm not familiar with these things but are you prepared to sell the the truck for 99 cents if you only get one bid?

Finally, the picture shows two trucks, the description clarifies it's only one that's for sale......more trouble looming if a buyer doesn't read carefully enough. You should never picture an item that is not included in what you are selling.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

EEEW.

Close that truck auction as soon as you read this.

Is that done?

Good.

Now relist it on dotCA as Fixed Price like 85% of current listings.

You know how much you want for it.

People are shopping in a hurry. They don't want to wait to find out they lost the auction and have to start over.

While you're at it, make it Immediate Payment Required.

It will stay avaiable until someone actually pays you.

Even most of the few auctions left have Buy It Now enabled.

Speed.

If your product must be shipped parcel, use dotCA and list in Canadian dollars with Calculated Shipping.

If it can be shipped LetterPost/LightPacket, use dotCOM and list in US dollars with Flat Rate or even Free Shipping.

Don't Panic.

Free Shipping just means that the cost of shipping is included in the asking price.

Which is cheaper ?

A $200 item with $20 shipping or

A $220 item with Free Shipping?

Since you have not sold for a while, you are better to stick with North American shipping only until you have at least 10 DSRs.

Definitely get rid of the Surface shipping.

Because you are an occasional seller, Paypal will Hold your payment for 21 days against your customer satisfaction.

But you can use the Held funds to buy a discounted shipping label.

You will need a Small Business Solutions number from Canada Post now for that. You can get one on the Canada Post website.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

I think there's only one truck in the picture but the mirror confuses things.

Drape a white sheet over the stand and redo the picture. You get 12 free pictures.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Also, you can't charge any more for shipping that you advertise.

If you say $20, that's what you charge.

You need to work on your US shipping.

At the moment you have $20 to BC, $75 to Cambodia, and no specifications to our largest market, the USA.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Ebay.com
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

ZOMBIE thread from 2017.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 9 of 9
latest reply