non-paying bidders

When is Ebay going to do something about non-paying bidders? I am at wits end with non-paying bidders. This week alone, I have 9 non paying bidders!! This is half of my revenue for this week!

Filing non-paying bidder complaints just isn't enough. There needs to be some other way to identify and dissuade people from bidding on auctions and then not paying. Consequences need to be more serious.

Out of the 10-20 auctions I do weekly, there is almost always atleast 1-3 non paying bidders

Non-paying bidders should be marked in some way so that sellers can see who the potential non payers are. We can't leave them negative feedback, so what can we do...it's so unfair!

If I quit selling on Ebay it's only going to be because of the non-paying bidders, and the non-existant protection that I have with ebay

If each time a non paying bidder case is opened against someone it should be information that is publicly visible. That alone would dissuade many I think. There names should appear in big bold red letters, or a big fat asterisk alongside there name or something along those lines.

In most cases, it's not the the members with low feedback scores that cause the problems....it's the people with lots of feedback. The people who know how the system works, and use it to their benefit. They know what they can get away with.

It's depressing to spend hours and hours during a week to setup honest auctions, only to be sucker punched afterwards by non paying bidders.

What is everyone else's view on this matter?

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

non-paying bidders

i was a first time buyer and bidder of another co. on eBay and shocked
when Aki-Alibenna Shipping/DHL contacted me on email the next AM
asking for money for the goods and shipping(shipping was listed as
free.Like an idiot, I paid and presumed I had paid, but Sellers never got the money and credit card and computer is jammed up now??High street level for me and could not get phone number for paypal that worked...
Message 41 of 46
latest reply

non-paying bidders

hi !  yes  I too hate  non  paying bidders !  I have  complained  about them   to e-bay  to no avail !  I agree that e-bay  is  one  sided and  in  favor  of  buyers . they  continually  bite  the  hand  that feeds  them .

I remember  a while  back  when a seller  could  leave  negative  feedback  against  a buyer  ,  but no more !  this  ability  has  been eliminated  along  with  other  seller  protections .

what amazes  me  more  is  sellers  that  seem  to accept  this behavior  from  these  dead-beets   and  worse  still  is  e-bay  keeps  changing rules  and  always at  the  detriment  of  sellers .

the  only way to get e-bay  to  listen  and  pay attention  to sellers  concerns  is  if  all sellers  stop  listing  on their  site !

what  are  the  chances  of  that happening ?

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

non-paying bidders

@filamenthead wrote:

...  I too hate  non paying bidders !  ... only way to get e-bay to listen and pay attention to sellers concerns is if all sellers stop listing on their site!

what are the chances of that happening ?

Over the issue of non-paying bidders -- ABSOLUTELY NONE

The majority of sellers on eBay use But-It-Now and the option of Immediate payment is there for the seller to use if they have no payment buyer problems.

-..-

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

non-paying bidders

Zombie thread from 2013 with a few new (2017) posts.

DHL contacted me on email the next AM  asking for money for the goods and shipping

Ws your purchase over $20 CDN (~$16usd)?

If so the demand was for brokerage costs.

Duty (if any). Sales Tax (definitely) and something to the carrier for wrangling your purchase through customs.

None of this goes to the seller and he would be unaware of the importing costs of another nation.

I am confused by the email.

Usually these fees are collected on the doorstep by the courier before he turns the shipment over.

I would suggest that you call DHL (phone if possible) and ask for a complete breakdown of the costs.

If you have dates, times and transaction numbers have those handy for DHL's customer reps.

How did you pay the fees demanded by "DHL"?

Paypal?

Then you should have the transaction number on your PP account.

Credit Card?

Phone the 1-800 number on the back of your card and ask the customer rep about a chargeback.

My concern is that the email did not come from DHL at all, but from a scammer of some sort.

Also, check the header on the email to see if it looks fishy. You should also be looking for HTTPS in the payment portion.

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

non-paying bidders

seller  could  leave  negative  feedback  against  a buyer  ,  but no more !  this  ability  has  been eliminated  along  with  other  seller  protections .

Who do you think reads feedback?

Not other sellers.

Not the deadbeat-- he doesn't care.

Feedback is read by your future customers and by eliminating negatives from sellers eBay is in effect protecting sellers from their own short tempers.

If you really really really want revenge, you can leave a Response to any feedback, including your own and Responses are not required to be positive.

The real Seller Protection is the Unpaid Item Dispute coupled with the Auto-Block on bidders with Strikes.

When you win a UID, you get your FVF back.

Tthe deadbeat gets a Strike and cannot leave feedback of any sort. (You can have earlier feedback removed, too.)

Message 45 of 46
latest reply

non-paying bidders

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 46 of 46
latest reply