paypal shipping xpresspost usa no signature?

Like the title says. Went to paypal to buy a shipping label for a $860+ cdn item going to NJ and xpresspost usa does not have any mention about a signature anymore. The only thing mentioned is delivery confirmation. Nowhere during the process of getting a label is the word signature used at all. So I did not buy the label. We buy paypal shipping almost every day but have not bought xpresspost usa for over a year.

Checked canada post website find a rate section and plugged in the same info and the following is clearly shown under xpresspost usa:

Delivery ConfirmationIncl.
Signature OptionIncl.

So now I gotta go to the post office and come up with $50 tomorrow to be absolutely sure that there is signature required. This item needs to go out tomorrow as we told the buyer it ships on monday. We can't wait a week to transfer $50 from paypal to the bank to pay the post office. The post office price and paypal price are the same at $50, only $0.30 discount with paypal.

Not going to buy a label from paypal only to find out there is no signature required then cancel the label fight them for 3 months again to get my $50 back. Trying to get money back from a canceled label is ridiculous, they fight you all the way for months.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

PP shipping does not have all of CP options. Xpresspost is missing for many countries.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

Went to paypal to buy a shipping label for a $860+ cdn item going to NJ and xpresspost usa does not have any mention about a signature anymore. The only thing mentioned is delivery confirmation. Nowhere during the process of getting a label is the word signature used at all. So I did not buy the label. We buy paypal shipping almost every day but have not bought xpresspost usa for over a year.

The post office price and paypal price are the same at $50, only $0.30 discount with paypal. 

This really doesn't sound right but if this is what you're seeing on Paypal at the moment and you need to ship Monday,  I don't blame you for using the P.O. 

I use Xpresspost USA (Paypal labels) a few times a year and as far as I can recall, signature confirmation was included as part of that service.  I haven't used it in the last few weeks, but Xpresspost USA was always shown as an option on the Paypal label page, it's nothing new.  Also, there should be a significant discount on the Xpresspost label when purchased through Paypal, I think it's 8% or 9%.  So I'm really surprised the difference was only $0.30. 

This all seems very odd.  I wonder if Paypal is having some technical problems.  They've been doing a lot of changes lately, and maybe this is another glitch.  Once you get your parcel sent off at the Post Office, you might want to call Paypal, describe to them what you encountered, and find out what's going on.  If you do, please come back and let us know!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

PP shipping does not have all of CP options. Xpresspost is missing for many countries.

Tracked Packet is also missing for many countries.

We need to get Paypal to fix this. Unless this is their way of telling us that we're not worth the effort to serve. 

And rose-dee is right, Xpresspost is supposed to be discounted between eight and nine per cent from counter rates for business. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I also have not had need to buy an Xpresspost USA label for about a year but here's the thing: unlike with domestic Expedited Parcel labels where you choose whether or not to get a Signature for the extra $1.50, the Xpresspost USA label might just print with an X already in that Signature Required box because it is part of the included service.

But without knowing until you actually purchase and print the label through paypal shipping, this is a problem. You're correct, Canada Post does fight for months not to refund your money for a voided never-used postage label. The last time, I had to call my credit card to get the money back because Canada Post simply dragged their heels for weeks past their own refund-by deadline. I was offended. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

Xpresspost is only available for some countries, when it is not available, International Parcel Air is available. Most third world countries do not have Xpresspost. Here is a Canada Post document that shows a summary of what shipping services are available to each "country" serviced by Canada Post. There is also information on insurance and limits and weight limits.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/RCRZ-e-ISC.pdf

As for PayPal shipping, I do not know if they have correctly implemented the countries with Xpresspost as a service.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

There is, unfortunately, a misalignment between the services offered by Canada Post and those recognized by eBay and/or Paypal Shipping even when one uses Calculated Shipping.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Xpresspost USA always includes a signature regardless of where you buy it.  I believe that when you print the label the signature

box is ticked off.

It is confusing the way Paypal has it set up but they didn't change the set up once CP started including the signature a few years ago.

These things take time! (sarcastic smiley)

Message 8 of 8
latest reply