Forum Posts

Final Value Fee on Shipping What the Heck!

Okay, on items that fit this category that weigh no more than 0.150 (kg) the Canada Post rate of $3.79 is what I am charging plus tax which comes to $4.28. Yet, I'm being charged a final value fee on shipping. I am not overcharging, nor am I making u...

Online Shopping -- Presented for what it's worth

6 Little Secrets About Online Shopping That Retailers Don’t Want Their Competitors To KnowPosted on August 6, 2013 by Gilon Miller inShare35 Fact: Online retail spending in the US reached $186 billion in 2012. Fact: By 2015, International eCommerce s...

How to send a cancellation for a completed transaction?!

Hello all! Hope y'all having a great day ( which I doubt due to all these picky buyers )Here's the thing, I sold an item now buyer claims the product as non working -___- yet it was fully tested and works.Anyways, he wants to send it back for a refun...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Hi ,I cannot list anything,in the categories

I cannot list anything,when I select a category it comes back saying please list at least one category,well I have tried and I just get kicked off,also I have tried the sell one like this and when I get to the description part ,the cursor will not sh...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller fee discount

Ebay Gave me Top rated seller status in August. I had the status for about 3 weeks. benefit was 20% discount from the final value fee. after 3 weeks I got a meesage from ebay said I am not a top rate seller anymore so remove the status. Should it be ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

risk level for non insured shipping

As I have written before on this forum, I am not comfortable shipping without insurance or tracking, especially with international destination. I decided that an item with value over $50 would need tracking and I would risk without tracking sending a...

Is the mail tomorrow?

I have heard there is, and there isn't, I think it's a holiday in the US as well.

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

LYING TO GET OUT OF A CONTRACT ALLOWED BY eBay?

I had a buyer so excited about purchasing my candle she asked me how much shipping would be if she bought 2? I packaged two candles calculated weight, measured and gave her the appropriate amount. Here is her reaction: Shortly after eBay sent me an e...

There needs to be a policy change on feedback!

This feedback system needs a revisal. There is no way that a buyer should be able to leave negative feedback without first being forced by eBay to contact tyne seller! If there is no communication for the seller within a reasonable amount of time (4 ...

eBay is a mess!

I received a message from a U.S. buyer on the weekend asking why I was blocking her from bidding as she had no strikes against her in the past 12 months. Now I know I have to take her word on that because I have no way of knowing. However, she has pu...

Lost item in mail finally turned up

Hello,I sent out two packages to two different customers back in early December that really didn't look like they would ever turn up. Just shipped from Montreal to the US, no huge travel time and under expedited shipping as well. Almost 2 months late...

Transit Time to Russia

Does anyone here ship to Russia often? An item shipped using Small Packet Air arrived to a buyer in a little over 2 weeks - is this a fluke? Or maybe it's because the buyer lives in a major city?

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

HELP! Have I been scammed?

I recently sold 2 items to 1 buyer in the states. She paid I shipped next day, both items in 1 package.Items were shipped this past Friday morning, going to CALI ~ She contacts me on saturday morning asking for a tracking number ~ It is then I realis...

Shipping and tracking numbers

I notice that when I print out a PayPal label - the shipped box and the tracking number automatically shows up on the sold listing information. However, about every sixth or seventh time, it does not appear and I have to go in and click the shipped b...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! With free shipping in Canada, how much of expensive shipping you had to pay?

I was reading here about free shipping for Canada, and opinions seem to be divided: for some it was good to reduce FVF and get 5 stars for a shipping automatically, and others had to pay themselves close to $70 shipping to North-West territories, and...

US Shipping ( customs forms/importing fees)

Hi everyone, thanks for everyone's previous help with questions I have had and my apologies I haven't had the time to thank the people who helped me with questions I had but here it goes again.Still learning how to properly sell on eBay and have expa...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping Rates

I kinda of like the idea of a flat rate cost for shipping. In the end it should average out.

• 16 replies
  • 1 helpful

Some buyers are so annoying!

Buyer made a purchase 2 1/2 weeks ago, no payment, so I filed for non-payment after 12 days. Yesterday, the 5 day when I could have closed it, the payment arrived. Fine, thanked buyer, told her I would mail right away, when to expect it etc. Just got...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels